Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

11 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Read some reviews of the Bundy Tapes and it seems like a hard pass for me. 4 hours of a pathological liar and psychopath spinning his own narrative doesn’t seem worth watching. 

You read some shitty reviews then. None of the doc is his narrative. It's basically a straight up Ted Bundy what he did and how it ended doc summed up in 4 eps. I wish more true crime docs would shorten their shit like this one did. 

• Like 3

The dad is as queer as a 3 dollar bill. Plus, he’s a florist for Christ’s sake. I guarantee he’s done more than give out hand jobs. As mentioned earlier, a big reason as to why all this happened was to cover up his homosexuality as a Mormon.  Both parents should have been arrested also. 

1 hour ago, cabowabo said:

The dad is as queer as a 3 dollar bill. Plus, he’s a florist for Christ’s sake. I guarantee he’s done more than give out hand jobs. As mentioned earlier, a big reason as to why all this happened was to cover up his homosexuality as a Mormon.  Both parents should have been arrested also. 

That dude fucked damn near the whole family. 

On 1/27/2019 at 2:01 AM, Seasick Sailor said:

About 20 minutes in. Those parents are either the dumbest motherfuckers ever born or criminally culpable in what happened. Seriously.  5 days? And the hand job story. WTF?

I stood up several times while watching this and yelled 'Fuck no! That didn't happen!' Felt sick watching that. That poor kid. 

• Like 1

CSB-Sunday night kids are bathed and in bed early. Wife had a glass of wine I had a beer getting ready for some Netflix and chill.

Her - “I’ve heard good things about this crime doc Abducted in Plain Sight”

Me - Sure, sounds good.

2 mins in *welp, not going to get a chub off anything on the screen, but I can over come*

15 mins in *WTF, how many beers did I have tonight? I think I can still overcome*

Her - “What the hell is wrong with these parents?!?”

*Parental rage building*

25 mins in *Parental rage at max*

Narrator - he did not get laid.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/26/2019 at 9:15 PM, nycHorn said:

Same.  Super interesting.  Amazing how little communication there was between the law enforcement agencies.  I mean, when the FSU killings happened and they're like, "we don't know who this guy is", I was dumbfounded.  3 western states were paralyzed from the killings and double escape and you find yourself with multiple killings of young women in collegiate settings?!?  It's fucking Ted Bundy you got there pal!

This is what I found nuts.  The internet must have made quantum leaps in law enforcement effectiveness.  

15 minutes ago, lateshow said:

Maybe it's been addressed, but I'm not going through 27 pages, but has Frontier been mentioned? Anyone watch that and any recommendations on it?

i watched it, both seasons and it is worth watching.  maybe a 7 out of 10.  not great but enjoyable...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

Abducted in Plain Sight: yeah I made it about 25-30 minutes. What the everliving fuck. It's tough to give those parents any sort of benefit of the doubt.

I am amazed she seemed to make it to adulthood as well-adjusted as she did. I'm sure she's all sorts of messed up, but she seemed pretty composed talking about it on camera.

40 minutes ago, lateshow said:

Maybe it's been addressed, but I'm not going through 27 pages, but has Frontier been mentioned? Anyone watch that and any recommendations on it?

The first season was worth watching, but the second lost my interest. And I love fur trade era stuff. Even hunt with a hawken style rifle and have made a couple possibles bags for it. Gonna build a rock lock one of these days, but I digress.

On 1/26/2019 at 6:58 PM, BigOrange1 said:

knocked out the ted bundy tapes.  really enjoyed it.  particularly episodes 3 and 4.  i never really knew the details about his florida killings, but the people who let him escape the jail in colorado must feel fucking terrible about that.

The guy(s) that got busted with 200 lbs of pot from the roadblock search felt pretty bad too.

10 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Gay dad hid his gay because he's Mormon and turns out his "best friend" is a pederast who is fucking his wife but also wants to fuck his daughter. It's the Namgla book on, ""fuck 'em all and let God sort them out.".

if you find yourself pulling for anyone but the child you should seek help immediately or you know, do the world a favor and go ahead and depart.

if you hate everyone but the children you are a well adjusted human.

if you finish it, well, you've got a lot more stomache for sick fucks than I do.

This, but I also kept hoping the fbi guy would flip out.

At some point in time a red blooded American male who has observed years of child molestation just has to take matters into his own hands and effect the solution. Manners and rules be damned.

Hate me all you want but if I saw any one of you sleeping with a 12 year old girl, chances are good that we would fight.

Edited by CoTex
  • Like 1

I just finished Black Earth Rising.  An excellent combination of history, international law and mystery all tied into one package.  Centers around Rwanda and the aftermath of the Tutsi genocide, not just immediately, but like decades later.  John Goodman gives a good performance as the lead actor. 

Been traveling for work this week and knocked out Fyre and Sex Education on Netflix. The best quote from the Fyre doc was "every time a rich kid gets scammed, an Angel gets it's wings". Liked Sex Ed a lot. Even though the coming of age genre has been done a million times, I thought it was well done, and they left some dangling threads to pick up next season. 

On 1/25/2019 at 9:16 AM, Deej said:

The 70's was a good time to be a serial killer.

On 1/23/2019 at 12:12 PM, Cheeseweasel said:

Is this the Netflix equivalent of pulling rotten milk out of the fridge and asking us to smell it?

Yes. Fuck that. No way am I watching it.

Edited by Dolemite

Watched Abducted last night.  Had this happened today, the parents would have been charged with sex trafficking and accessories to child rape.  They kind of talk about themselves like they were passive players but when you look at it from a different angle, they let a guy they were both fucking come to their house, sleep in the same bed with their 12 year old daughter and then sent her away with him.  I'm not sure he kidnapped her as much as they simply gave her away.  They should have been charged and I hope they rot in hell.

Lulz at the dad.  I could make fun of him but it's too easy.  

7 hours ago, rantanamo said:

Russian Doll ended up being really deep.  I thought it was great and end up pretty unique.

I got through it entertained well enough, but didn’t understand the very end at the parade. 

Watched a Netflix movie called velvet buzzsaw that was basically a 2 hour tales from the crypt with an A list cast. 

On 1/19/2019 at 8:47 PM, nycHorn said:

Io - man, what a terrible movie. Acting meant to be stoic just seems hollow and boring. Terrible writing and ending.

Wish I had read this thread yesterday.  I was drawn in by my love for dystopian themes and lost 90 minutes I'll never get back.

We started watching the Ted Bundy doc.  Story is totally fucked up and they didn't even get into the gory details of the actual murders and thank God for that, BTW.  I knew the basics of the case but didn't realize the Colorado angle and how he escaped twice.  Still kind of foggy about how he got from Colorado to Michigan to Florida.  I suspect he killed some people and stole their money, cars, etc.

I laughed and how he used a variation of "Ted" everywhere he went.  Not very original.

*No CR - this is not meant to be a discussion about the merits or use of the death penalty, but rather just how I took in the final minutes of the last episode.

So I've known plenty about Bundy and his story (the Last Podcast on the Left did a pretty good rundown of him).  The most fucked up part, to me, other than the horrific crimes was the ending.  People tailgating his execution.  Celebrating like it was NYE or College Gameday with signs, beer, tents, etc.  Celebrating death.  Cheering it.  Slogans.  Shirts.  I still am wrapping my mind around it.  TV crews streaming the scene from hundreds of yards away, watching the light in a window of the "death chamber" as the guards prepped it for TB to be strapped to a chair and have his body surged with electricity till dead.  

Also thought it pretty sobering how one of the guards/witnesses (maybe it was one of the lawyers) who said TB's face went white when he walked into the chamber and saw the chair.

• Like 1

We started watching the Ted Bundy doc.  Story is totally fucked up and they didn't even get into the gory details of the actual murders and thank God for that, BTW.  I knew the basics of the case but didn't realize the Colorado angle and how he escaped twice.  Still kind of foggy about how he got from Colorado to Michigan to Florida.  I suspect he killed some people and stole their money, cars, etc.
I laughed and how he used a variation of "Ted" everywhere he went.  Not very original.

I also didn’t know he had sex with some of the women after they were dead. I believe they said to get from Colorado to the other locations he flew one route, took a bus and also stole a car. Think about the fact he was wanted in Washington but was still able to fly somewhere, it’s mind boggling...

After watching the bundy thing, I went to wiki for a list of American serial killers and the number of them is huge, even if you discount the mob hit men and 19th century killers. 

More women than I thought. Most of them were black widow or death angel types. 

So many were active in the 70s that I’m wondering wtf caused that.  WWII vets have health issues that manifested in their children or something?

and quite a few contemporary ones that I’ve never heard about. Which I thought was strange.