OJ Simpson has died

bamachine

41 minutes ago, TejasPedro said:

Fuck you Juice!

spacer.pngyou brought this upon us all.

I know only a couple of you have jobs, so for those of you who are killing time waiting for your pot dealer to finally show up, here is an interesting interview with Kato from a year ago:

32 minutes ago, Parliament said:

You guys ignore the fact he mighta actually been innocent.  Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone.

https://www.businessinsider.com/oj-simpson-murders-and-jason-simpson-2014-6

The O.J. Simpson Saga Began 20 Years Ago Today — Here's Why His Son Should Be A Suspect

Dear concludes that O.J. didn't kill his ex-wife and her friend — but he did visit the scene of the crime shortly after it occurred — and that evidence suggests his son Jason (who was 24 at the time) did it in a rage killing.

In January 1994, six months before the killings, Jason went to the emergency room because he heard voices of people who weren't there and said he felt as if he was "going to rage" because he ran out of Depakote. He stopped taking Depakote two months before the murders.

In his past, Jason had nearly killed a girlfriend (with a knife) and almost seriously injured another in fits of rage (whereas O.J. has been accused of domestic abuse, but he has never been arrested for assault and was not prone to use weapons to settle a dispute).

IIRC, he’d also given his son a pair of those same shoes in the same size. His son was a chef with his own set of knives he took to and from work. Both his shoes and knives disappeared. He also blamed Nicole for the marriage breaking up.

If there’s one person OJ would protect, it’s his kid.

54 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Lance Ito was perhaps the worst judge of a major trial I have ever seen. Judge Cannon is a dark horse on the outside corner, gaining some ground however. 

The case was over once they chose that venue.  Everything else is irrelevant.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Tha fuck did Elvis do? Cause he stole music styles from Black folks?

I saw this and my first reaction was elvis and hawking but no hitler? Weird meme.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, 'stache said:

My first thought was because he was a pedophile. But, Priscilla claims they had no sex until they were married; by then, she was 21. Apologies EAP, you song thief. 

7 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

My first thought was because he was a pedophile. But, Priscilla claims they had no sex until they were married; by then, she was 21. Apologies EAP, you song thief. 

So basically every rock star between 1959 and now? 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

IIRC, he’d also given his son a pair of those same shoes in the same size. His son was a chef with his own set of knives he took to and from work. Both his shoes and knives disappeared. He also blamed Nicole for the marriage breaking up.

If there’s one person OJ would protect, it’s his kid.

f8b05a1ce78aad4781c305c39d58ca9f.gif.e305b4f3887464a003dea5c06171f298.gif

I didn't follow this much after the original trial.

Apparently the navy knit cap at the scene was like one Jason had been seen wearing.

And at the civil trial, an FBI expert said hairs in the cap shared characteristics with OJs hair, but weren't an exact match and couldn't absolutely identify someone.

BRB, imma go find William Dear and help catch the REAL real killer. I will avenge you Orenthal!

2 hours ago, smuggs said:

If LeBron James knife-murdered his wife and another man who was banging her, then days later went on the run threatening suicide in a slow speed chase through the streets of LA with Kevin Love at the wheel - you don't think the subsequent year long televised murder trial would be a big deal? 

These days everybody would talk about it for a day or so and then move on to the next thing. We would be reminded every once in a while when a new twist happened in the legal case.

Also this thing happened after OJ had been retired for years. 

9 minutes ago, Willfully Horn said:

My first thought was because he was a pedophile. But, Priscilla claims they had no sex until they were married. 

I think that was a Mormon defense.

In other words, blowjobs and anal don’t count as “sex”, where God says sex is inserting Adam’s wiener in Eve’s lady parts for procreation - the only reason to have sex.  A guy Elvis’ age with 20-year-old male sexual desires and an army of women willing to give it to him is not going to be totally celibate for years. He very possibly would consider frequent skilled Hummers as an acceptable option.

15 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

These days everybody would talk about it for a day or so and then move on to the next thing. We would be reminded every once in a while when a new twist happened in the legal case.

Also this thing happened after OJ had been retired for years. 

Sometimes you show up on this site and it's almost like you're determined to hammer a shitty take into the center of a thread no matter how fucking dumb it is. 

OJ Simpson was a national celebrity and beloved to boot. He hadn't disappeared into the limelight. He was a major endorser of products, a sideline reporter, an actor, and never far from the tv screen in everyone's homes. It is a fucking ridiculous premise, and almost certainly purposefully disingenuous on your part, to attempt to imply that he was a largely irrelevant figure. 

Beyond that, the nature of the celebrity for someone like that in the context of today, isn't hard to find. If Charles Barkley or Michael Strahan damned near lopped off the heads of their ex-wife and her presumed lover and then acted shocked and innocent while trying to flee the country as the authorities closed in, the whole country would be mesmerized. That would include the build-up to the trial and so forth. 

Get a fucking grip with pushing the absurd notion of something otherwise.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, tx ind said:

Fuck him for interrupting the Rockets game

I was at the (then) brand-new Ballpark in Arlington. College/HS buddy of mine and I went up to hang out with an Alamo Heights girl we knew at TCU that weekend. Went to the Ballpark that night. Heard about the Bronco chase, or saw it when I was getting a beer at the concession stand. Pretty soon, there were more people watching the little TV's in the concourse than were sitting in the stands at the Rangers game.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

And Steven Hawking, cheating on his wife with his nurse? 
Saying physics shit that only 10 +\- people on the planet could understand?
- oh crap, google tells me that Hawking was a 1 time guest on Epstein Island, I give him mad props if he went (was taken) there to have a sex weekend

And why is the queen mum on the collage twice, again maybe they are different people and I can't differentiate white haired white royalty

• Hook 'Em 2

Well it’s been a minute but didn’t the police make some serious fuck ups and/or tamper/create evidence?  Mark furman?  It was enough to cast some doubt, which is all that is required by law and more than enough for the public to take a position. 

Nothing was made up. He killed the dude then nearly cut off his wife’s head. Was that jury we could have had multi angle video of OJ doing it and a full confession and he would have walked. The worst read of a community and jury pool in history by Garcetti, Marcia Clark, and Chris Darden. A remarkably bad prosecution selection of that venue.
  • Hook 'Em 4

4 hours ago, huge said:

I'll never forgive him for fucking with my Rockets viewing.

Monday Night Raw Yes GIF by WWE

Still have the VHS tapes my parents made for me, and when I finally got to see that game a few months later, it was surreal.  It’s one thing to read about it in the newspaper,  it another to see the chase playing out against the game.

Posted (edited)

I was working in downtown LA in 1994.  That afternoon several of us went across the street to a hotel bar for some libations and to watch the NBA Finals.  Local media kept cutting in with updates about the search for OJ and then, later, with news that OJ had been located down in Orange County and the cops were in pursuit.  Helicopter shots of a low-speed pursuit.  Media is saying OJ was trying to leave the country, in disguise, etc., etc.  General consensus in the bar is this simply shows the motherfucker is as guilty as sin.

Leave the bar around 6:30-7:00 to head home to Hermosa Beach.  Transitioning off the 105 to the 405 southbound, I see all these people pulled off the side of the 405.  Even worse, idiots are out of their cars right next to the freeway, and in some cases are stepping out onto the freeway.  Holy shit -- the Juice is still loose & he's coming up the northbound 405.  I had to pull over myself because idiot lookie-loos were focusing on the northbound lanes and not watching where the hell they were driving.  Stayed in my truck on the shoulder of the southbound 405 and watched while Al Cowlings leisurely drove OJ up the 405 with dozens of cop cars hanging back behind him.  Surreal.

Years later, a buddy of mine was working as Bob Baker's paralegal when Baker handled OJ's defense in the civil case.  I never really asked him too much about the case because under CA law he couldn't divulge any client confidences and secrets.  I know they had all the files the defense in the criminal case generated, including all the photos of the Brown-Simpson/Goldman murder scene, which for many years weren't publicly available.   Now that OJ is gone (good riddance), I'll have to ask him if he's got any nuggets of information (*coughconfessioncough*) that he's been keeping under wraps all these years.

Edited by Carl Spackler
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Pedophilia is attraction to prepubescent kids, not just someone under the age of consent.

• blacklab locked and unlocked this topic