Lieutenant gov. Dan Patrick

Voldemort86

I'm considering a celebratory "death list" of people that I'll be allowed to drink/drug/dance for after they perish like Buscemi in "Billy Madison."  I know it's not a healthy exercise but I remember staying up late and having a few drinks after I heard Bin Laden died.  Jeffrey Dahmer, at a restaurant/bar near Wisconsin was the only time I was really of age when a whole room of people just got sloppy drunk to revel in the death of a horrible person.  

But I think about what I'll do once people like Dan Patrick and Donald Trump die.  I know Dan has those pre-puberty lady hips and girlish skin, but he'll be 76+ when he leaves office.  Shit, he may die in office.  

I think I'll invite the Westboro Church people to bring their signage to his funeral so at least his family can learn one genuine thing about him.  I'll celebrate but it'll be nothing like when Trump dies.  I need to get one of those Keith Richards kits with like Z-pac, blood transfusion, defibrilator, whatever that shit you take when you've consumed fentanyl, and a pre-accepted registry for a 28-day outpatient clinic.  Maybe the same for Dan Patrick's demise, who knows.  I can probably still knock out two benders before I get over 50.  Because I am going ingest every fucking drug I can find and shoot fireworks outta my ass.  

On 5/16/2023 at 9:59 AM, YGIFS said:

I'm considering a celebratory "death list" of people that I'll be allowed to drink/drug/dance for after they perish like Buscemi in "Billy Madison."  I know it's not a healthy exercise but I remember staying up late and having a few drinks after I heard Bin Laden died.  Jeffrey Dahmer, at a restaurant/bar near Wisconsin was the only time I was really of age when a whole room of people just got sloppy drunk to revel in the death of a horrible person.  

But I think about what I'll do once people like Dan Patrick and Donald Trump die.  I know Dan has those pre-puberty lady hips and girlish skin, but he'll be 76+ when he leaves office.  Shit, he may die in office.  

I think I'll invite the Westboro Church people to bring their signage to his funeral so at least his family can learn one genuine thing about him.  I'll celebrate but it'll be nothing like when Trump dies.  I need to get one of those Keith Richards kits with like Z-pac, blood transfusion, defibrilator, whatever that shit you take when you've consumed fentanyl, and a pre-accepted registry for a 28-day outpatient clinic.  Maybe the same for Dan Patrick's demise, who knows.  I can probably still knock out two benders before I get over 50.  Because I am going ingest every fucking drug I can find and shoot fireworks outta my ass.  

Rush limbaugh

potty patrick

Clarence Thomas 

mitch McConnell 

ted cruz

all of their deaths will be celebratory occasions. You were in Wisconsin when they caught Dahmer?  Crazy.

• 2 months later...

You can't make this shit up. You just can't.

1. Professor gives routine lecture about opioid crisis

2. Student who is daughter of a politician accuses professor of disparaging Lt Gov Dan Patrick

3. Patrick's chief of staff contacts college administration within hours, professor is suspended --- and "investigated."

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/07/25/texas-a-m-professor-opioids-dan-patrick/

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 2

54 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

You can't make this shit up. You just can't.

1. Professor gives routine lecture about opioid crisis

2. Student who is daughter of a politician accuses professor of disparaging Lt Gov Dan Patrick

3. Patrick's chief of staff contacts college administration within hours, professor is suspended --- and "investigated."

https://www.texastribune.org/2023/07/25/texas-a-m-professor-opioids-dan-patrick/

The snowflakiest of snowflakes

3 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Why aren't we putting the daughter on blast? She's an adult.

Rarely post here anymore because all it does is just piss me off with the state of everything, but fuck this piece of shit, her evil mother, A&M, and everyone else in this story that immediately threw this professor under the bus. It's easy to just say fuck Aggy but god damn I'm even disgusted at how spineless everyone in this story is.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

I remember there was a lady who served on the school board for Seguin some years back that took a teacher to task for something that concerned one or more of the students.   She ended up the school and her personally lost a lawsuit due to her running and end run and not following the chain of command.   Wouldn't be surprised if that doesn't happen here.   

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Another cosplay cowboy. An MD with no experience or background in resource management. She beat Democrat Jay Kelberg by 16 points.

Jay Kelberg's resume? 

6th generation Texan, grew up on the King Ranch

MBA from McCombs

Director -Texas Parks & Wildlife Foundation 

Co-founder - Gulf of Mexico Trust - The Gulf of Mexico Trust advances the long-term sustainable use and conservation of the Gulf of Mexico by implementing pragmatic solutions that work for industry, the environment and communities in Texas

Producer - Deep in the Heart, a documentary about Texas Wildlife and conservation success stories. 

And he's a helluva a nice guy, to boot.   I was fortunate to attend a screening of Deep in the Heart with him giving the introduction.  

Deep in the Heart trailer     Books or DVD make great presents.  

• Hook 'Em 4

The Houston Chronicle article on this talked to 3 anonymous students who were at the lecture and all three were hard pressed to even identify the statement that was "controversial". Apparently the lecturer pointed out that the Lt. Gov's policies had made it harder to fight the opioid epidemic (e.g., ban on fentanyl test strips) and that was pretty much it.

Can you image sitting there trying to be a serious medical student and one of your classmates pulls a chickenshit stunt like this? I'd be fucking LIVID. She's going to do the same thing to UTMB professors as soon as they say something she doesn't like. "Vaccines are safe and effective"...."moooooooooooomm!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Rage+1 2

It's telling that they won't even say what it was she allegedly said that warranted that kind of response. If it was something really beyond what you'd expect from a professor you know they'd be telling everyone exactly what she said. But they're completely silent and she's not even sure what got her in trouble, so it was almost certainly something trivial. But pampered conservatives can't even handle the idea of someone being remotely critical of them.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, royiv said:

UTMB shouldn't be let off the hook in this story. They behaved very poorly by issuing a knee jerk formal censure. They've know put all professors on notice that if a student uses their political connections to complain about an innocuous statement that the school won't stand behind them. Both A&M and UTMB fucked up on this one.

Agreed. UTMB really, really overreacted.

Honestly, I can understand aggy investigating a professor that had been formally censured by another state institution. Sharp's play-by-play text updates to Patrick are wildly inappropriate, though.

I was astonished how fairly Texags posters assessed the situation. Well, for 3 posts anyway, until resident genius Rapier108 piped up and was generously repped for it.

Anazing how people fall for the Texas Tribune's propaganda every single time

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Like 1

It's already on Buckingham's wiki page

On March 7, 2023, in a guest lecture by Texas A&M professor Dr. Joy Alonzo at the University of Texas Medical Branch, Alonzo was critical of Lt. Governor Dan Patrick's administration's response to the opioid crisis. Alonzo's slides described a lack of reporting standards for opioid deaths, and a student who attended the lecture described comments that suggested that Patrick's office opposed life-saving policies related to opioid use. Buckingham's daughter attended the lecture, and shortly afterwards, Buckingham, herself a graduate of the University of Texas Medical Branch, called Lt. Governor Patrick to relay Alonzo's comments.[12] Buckingham's run for Land Commissioner had been endorsed by Patrick the previous year, and they had served six years together in the Texas Senate.[13]

Texas A&M Chancellor John Sharp, urged by Patrick's chief of staff, launched an investigation into Alonzo, and texted Lt. Governor Patrick shortly after the lecture to assure him that a firing investigation was under way and that Alonzo would be placed on administrative leave. Buckingham had attended Sharp's wedding the year prior. Buckingham then also called Texas A&M's vice chancellor for governmental relations to relay the same information. Within a few hours of the lecture ending, The University of Texas Medical Branch emailed a notice of formal censure of Alonzo to all lecture attendees. A subsequent investigation and consideration of termination of Alonzo was undertaken by Texas A&M, which confirmed that the investigation was started at the behest of Buckingham. The investigation was ultimately closed and found no evidence of wrongdoing.[12]

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

41 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

I was astonished how fairly Texags posters assessed the situation.

Color me surprised as well.  A few non-shitheads posting in that thread.

Regardless of what side of the aisle you're on, this feels nasty and continues A&M's negative trend on free speech in recent weeks.

The crazy part is nobody at the lecture seems to know what it was that Paxton and Dawn Buckingham (the person who initially tried to get the prof. fired) took offense to.

Good news is that the prof. was cleared and allowed to return to work, but it's pretty clear it never should've gotten that far in the first place.

It reads like she criticized Dan Patrick in some way, which is perfectly fine, but Buckingham's daughter got butthurt, cried to powerful mommy, and mommy called her friends. Sure as hell seems like censorship.

Right-wing cancel culture is alive and well -- those snowflakes can't handle viewpoints that conflict with their feelings.

I'm honestly saddened by what our university is turning into.

I just finished the article in full. What was allegedly said was that Patrick's office had opposed policies that could have prevented opioid deaths, particularly the legalization and availability of test strips for fentanyl, in favor of policies that increased punishment and enforcement against fentanyl distribution, effectively letting people die by blocking access to methods that could have alerted them to the presence of fentanyl. We don't know exactly how that was phrased or said, but such policy criticism is absolutely and unquestionably within the realm of free speech. Elected officials have absolutely no business investigating and attempting to censure anyone who criticizes them or their policies. If Buckingham's daughter wasn't in the crowd with a direct line to Patrick and Sharp, who should have both known better than to instigate an investigation, this wouldn't have happened.

Yep. You'd figure if it was something egregious enough for state officials to try to get the professor fired, someone would've been able to figure out what was actually said. But the comments, if they exist at all, were apparently so benign that people couldn't pinpoint it.

Instead of whining about "muh soros" maybe consider that A&M is bringing this kind of attention on itself. No reason they couldn't have told Buckingham to kick rocks. The professor was exercising free speech and her criticisms were completely valid (ie they were not pure vitriolic insults). We aren't required to bend the knee to snowflakes.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, pyrohornIII said:

And he's a helluva a nice guy, to boot.   I was fortunate to attend a screening of Deep in the Heart with him giving the introduction.  

Deep in the Heart trailer     Books or DVD make great presents.  

I follow Ben Masters, who shot most of the footage, on Instagram. He's a good follow if you like Texas wildlife and some of the technical details behind some of the shots. 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, sidis said:

That is not the LinkedIn profile I was expecting for the daughter of a Texas right winger. "Analytical work and scientific thinking", "Ethical outdoor retailer", "environmental leadership". This feels like the daughter said something in passing and mommy took it to the extreme.

3 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

That is not the LinkedIn profile I was expecting for the daughter of a Texas right winger. "Analytical work and scientific thinking", "Ethical outdoor retailer", "environmental leadership". This feels like the daughter said something in passing and mommy took it to the extreme.

Nah. It’s just sanitized BS for someone who recently was applying to medical schools 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1