The Trump + Covid thread

Gil Bang

I really really hope when this mother fucker dies it is slowly and alone, choking on his own orange liquefied lungs, with a tube down his throat. He must also lose the election Mondale style, get banned from twitter, has every asset he owns seized to pay for back taxes, Stormy posts pics of his mushroom on twitter, Melania shacks up with Hunter Biden,  Javanka flees to China to avoid prosecution, and Jr and Eric are tickled by the Russian mafia wearing pink tutus for failing to pay back the 400 million, or whatever it was, and finally Obama responds with "Russia russia russia russia, its all a hoax" and drops the mic when asked about Russian hit men killing and torturing an ex-president's sons.

@immamac fixed this post for me kthxbai

Edited by immamac
lol
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I really really hope this mother fucker dies slowly and alone, choking on his own orange liquefied lungs, with a tube down his throat. But only after he loses the election Mondale style, gets banned from twitter, has every asset he owns seized to pay for back taxes, Stormy posts pics of his mushroom on twitter, Melania shacks up with Hunter Biden,  Javanka flees to China to avoid prosecution, and Jr and Eric are tortured and killed by the Russian mafia for failing to pay back the 400 million, or whatever it was, and finally Obama responds with "Russia russia russia russia, its all a hoax" and drops the mike when asked about Russian hit men killing and torturing an ex-president's sons.

Fuck it sounds good to me - Upvoting Obama - quickmeme

5 hours ago, TornACL said:

The drugs were getting just a little too much credit for Trumps tastes, so he needed to go on national TV to take full credit for his "recovery".

Imagine how insecure you have to be to be jealous that an inanimate object is getting more credit than you are. 

Well, to be fair, Trump’s recovery very well could have been caused by him taking hold of the viral infection flourishing in his body and running it straight into the ground.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Yep.  Seriously, a cornered, rabid dog.  We are already in some seriously dangerous times.

We have a mangy-looking coyote wandering up and down Shoal Creek around 35th street during daylight hours, and is not afraid of people (started walking towards us, until I got a branch and started making a lot of noise - got dicey for a minute, thought I might have to do something brutal right in front of my kid).

Anyways, my son asked what would happen to it, after a few of us called it into animal control.

I started to say "elect it to the White House", but instead we're going to sit down and watch Old Yeller this weekend, and I'll tell him that Travis grew up to be Mike Pence, and see if he understands the meaning.  

Wait, I don't know where I was going with this.  I had an analogy, but it it's gone.  Anyways, Trump is going to make this ugly, and the fact that Pence rambled around the (I'm paraphrasing it) "will the administration leave gracefully/peacefully" question tells me that Pence knows it will be ugly.

28 minutes ago, The Dog said:

He cancelled this yesterday due to a "scheduling conflict". This isn't new.

I knew they’d say something like “abundance of caution” or “national security meeting came up” but seriously?...”scheduling conflict”?  Oh did somebody forget to update the fucking Vice President’s google calendar?  The guy who is also campaigning for major office and heading up the pandemic task force and who probably has to fill in for the drugged up President multiple times a day?   I have two zoom calls at the same time, I get ten fucking alerts.  We are supposed to believe that Mike Pence was going to Indiana and then somebody with a daytimer in their purse was like, “oh wait, turn the plane around...he’s supposed to be meeting with vaccination officials”

do you trump voters ever get frustrated and how they insult your intelligence?  I know some of you in real life and I know you’re intelligent.  How do you marry shit like this up with the fact that you have some modicum of self respect. 

Edited by Lobo

The mystery of Pence's red eye has been solved if you can believe the WH doctors. It was a blood vessel apparently and not conjunctivitis.

With Nancy talking about the 25th, it may have been necessary for him to return. I do think they should get the language for "inability" ironed out. Isn't that what the sticking point was?

9 hours ago, Doc Reeves said:

Anyone remember what that guys name was on the west mall by the union who would harass girls for not wearing skirts circa 1996-1999? I believe he also had a Public Access TV show that came on before Alex Jones where he would wear a toilet seat around his neck and wear a pig mask? He also really disliked John Lennon.

9 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Reverend Ricky

Centuries from now, when civilization has rebuilt from the dark age we’re enthusiastically diving into, the world will look back at Reverend Ricky as the zenith of western civilization. There’s a straight line from Shakespeare to Milton to Reverend Ricky.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Would anybody really put it past this guy that he was actively trying to infect and kill Biden knowing he has a better chance to beat Kamala or any other last minute replacement.

Not only this but I am 98% sure that if Biden caught COVID the FDA would deny emergency use of the experimental antibody treatment that Trump received  because reasons.

8 hours ago, TXSG8R said:

Don’t feel like digging for the Anastasis post where he went off on Ted Lieu about calling it Regeneron instead of its product name and saying it was derived without the use of aborted stem cell tissue. Let’s pretend I’m quoting that for the reply. 

https://www.technologyreview.com/2020/10/07/1009664/trumps-antibody-treatment-was-tested-using-cells-from-an-abortion/

I’m sure he’s just as outraged that the president keeps referring to the cocktail he received as Regeneron and not REGN-COV2-whatever. 

Regeneron is the name of the company dumbass. The document that Lieu included in his tweet is a company statement, and doesn't have anything to do with REGN-COV2 specifically.  Lieu's twat was incorrect. He said the development relied on "human embryonic stem cells", probably because he saw the company name and simply applied a general position to a specific drug development program inappropriately. That is not accurate, as best as I can tell from reading the development papers. Trump is a dumbass and also called the drug the company's name, because he is a dumbass. If you would read instead of worrying about my outrage, you would also have seen this post from yesterday.

On 10/7/2020 at 9:14 AM, Anastasis said:

So here is the best info that I can piece together from a variety of the publications on the development.  The detailed methods described in these papers is generally way way over my head, but I can piece enough together to address the question I think.  (REGN-COV2 development; Velocimouse).

The mouse models (Velocimouse, LOL) were built using mouse ES cells, no human ES cells involved.

No human ES cells or fetal stem cells were used in the development of REGN-COV2.

A cell tissue line (HEK293), which was derived from human kidney cells obtained via an aborted fetus from the Netherlands in 1970 and adenovirus, was used in the development of REGN-COV2. These are not stem cells, they are fetal kidney cells. The cell line has be propagated with a variety of variations since it's original development in the 1970s. The cell line is used in the production of a variety of products, medical (vaccines) to non-medical (food science research). 

So no, human fetal stem cells were not used in the development process; however, a very commonly used cell line started in the 70s using the products of an aborted fetus (but not stem cell material) was used in the development of REGN-COV2.  

Edited by Anastasis