2021 College World Series Thread

TrashMaster G

NC State coach seems… a little dumb.

This isn’t a political move, it’s a health and safety one. If anyone comes across as “political,” it’s the NC State dude, not the NCAA.

(And can’t believe I’m defending the NCAA for making a smart, rational decision.)

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, dbecks said:

This isn’t a political move, it’s a health and safety one.

It's not even that. It's a competitive move. His job is to put them in the best position to win baseball games. And he failed to do that. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

fuck'em. they had a choice to a vaccinate or not. 

Any adult in the USA who has transportation and could get a COVID vaccine who hasn’t already gotten vaccinated is an absolute SHIT FOR BRAINS!

💩 = 🧠 

I do think it’s funny that it fucked NC State. 😆

I don’t find it funny that it may just fuck the Horns as well. 🤬🤬

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, msudawg said:

evidently its not that simple. the thought was get vaccinated. you dont have to test. not so simple

2 tested positive. and whole team had to test. 4 more more vaccinated popped positive....

None of that shit happens if the whole team is vaxxed.... Oh well... but hey.. at least they showed those fools who were still wearing masks to Luby's back in February!!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OnAComputer said:

Man... I’m losing hope with some of the replies I’m getting.

There's a lot of fucking stupid people in this country and their stupidity is celebrated now. That's just the way it is. It's why I have little faith in our collective future as a species. 

Fuck NC State and their dumbass coach. I feel sorry for the players on their team that were vaccinated and that's it.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

Something is off with that latest twist. You shouldn't have four vaccinated people testing positive out of 30ish samples. I don't think that is happening anywhere. It could be PCR tests picking up old COVID, but even that is really unlikely assuming they were vaccinated weeks ago. If true, the NCAA needs to reveal the test results (with no player names attached) because that would be an important scientific trend. But maybe it's just disgruntled bullshit from NCSU sources.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, msudawg said:

evidently its not that simple. the thought was get vaccinated. you dont have to test. not so simple

2 tested positive. and whole team had to test. 4 more more vaccinated popped positive....

But it is that simple. If the entire team had been vaccinated then nobody would have been tested. Not to mention the unvaccinated players got COVID.

They had to forfeit because some of their players didn't get vaccinated. That is still the truth. 

Edited by Huckleberry
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

But it is that simple. If the entire team had been vaccinated then nobody would have been tested. Not to mention the unvaccinated players got COVID.

They had to forfeit because some of their players didn't get vaccinated. That is still the truth. 

While true, think about that. They are essentially having to forfeit because of the four vaccinated players that played today testing positive. Otherwise they could at least roll the same lineup out tomorrow. 

Had the whole team gotten vaccinated, those four could still “have covid”, we just wouldn’t care to know. That could be these case right now with any of the other three teams. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 minutes ago, Drew said:

If I’m Texas/miss st I’m demanding Vandy get tested. If vaccinated players are coming up positive then Vandy was exposed and it’s not worth the risk.

Use some gamesmanship in this. Lol

Yep. If the NCAA is going to do dumb shit like test asymptomatic vaxxed players on NC they need to test Vandy. 

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1

If I’m Texas/miss st I’m demanding Vandy get tested. If vaccinated players are coming up positive then Vandy was exposed and it’s not worth the risk.

Use some gamesmanship in this. Lol

I mean, I’m sure they’ve exhaustively reviewed film for each and every possible exposure incident between the positive NC State and Vandy players…..

6 minutes ago, htown85 said:

Logic is failing on all sides of this.  Why are we still shutting down games because of college kids having asymptomatic cases of COVID? 

It’s dumb. They are playing in front of thousands of maskless fans. No reason to pretend to give a fuck

• Hook 'Em 8

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Wtf is wrong with some of y’all? NC State knew the health and safety rules and the risks of showing up with unvaccinated players. They made their own beds and have to suffer the consequences.  It’s on them to follow the rules in place, not the NCAA to change their rules mid-postseason to accommodate them.  

NC State coach is an idiot. 

It’s the same thing as Jon Rahm a few weeks ago. Of course it’s on the team.  But why are leagues still doing this stuff? Are we going to do this forever? At some point it’s just unnecessary optics (we are beyond that point, in my opinion).

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1