MaybeACoordinator has passed away - Official Farewell Thread

Brisketexan

2 hours ago, Jerry Callo said:

Instead on dwelling on his end, feel free to take a look at the legacy he made.  Books on Amazon, articles in Houston publications, and articles in many other places, including 244 Texas Monthly articles.

this is a great article.... https://www.texasmonthly.com/arts-entertainment/guy-clarks-my-favorite-picture-of-you/

I was hoping MAC was older.  I lost a friend the same way, brutal.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Gonna be missed around these parts.

Didn't know him but he was quite the story teller. As we near Mother's Day, a story he wrote a decade ago about his mother that gives you some great insight into his life:

https://www.houstoniamag.com/news-and-city-life/2013/07/of-unknown-origin-july-2013

I was coming to post this article. One of the first things John and I bonded over was having "difficult" mothers. 

RIP Buddy. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

Well fuck me. Earlier today I found out the Grendal/PO1D died in March and now MAC is terminal. Two wildly different posters who brought a helluva lot of entertainment to the boards over the years. Bummer. Addiction's a bitch. 

grendel died? damn, i did not know that. i never liked the way he was run off these boards. i met him at a mod day hh one time and had a beer with him. he wasn't as weird as i'd hoped he'd be. rip grendel, and rip mac. 🤘🏼 

• Hook 'Em 7

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

None of us are getting any younger.  And life can be hard, and this universe can be cruel.  I have no idea what the fucking answer is, but I appreciate the people and moments that make it not hard, and not cruel.  And I know we're supposed to help each other.

We can't always get the job done, but we're supposed to help.  John and I weren't always friends (old high school mates -- we got along well enough, but a buddy of his really didn't like me, so we weren't close back then).  Got to be friends later in life.  Lots of good chats, written exchanges, that sort of thing.  My whole family got to know him.  He's a good dude.  He always meant well, and had people's best interest in mind.  He also had his history and demons.

We're all in this together, and none of us gets out alive.  Goddammit.

fuck that ice cube GIF

jk

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

None of us are getting any younger.  And life can be hard, and this universe can be cruel.  I have no idea what the fucking answer is, but I appreciate the people and moments that make it not hard, and not cruel.  And I know we're supposed to help each other.

We can't always get the job done, but we're supposed to help.  John and I weren't always friends (old high school mates -- we got along well enough, but a buddy of his really didn't like me, so we weren't close back then).  Got to be friends later in life.  Lots of good chats, written exchanges, that sort of thing.  My whole family got to know him.  He's a good dude.  He always meant well, and had people's best interest in mind.  He also had his history and demons.

We're all in this together, and none of us gets out alive.  Goddammit.

speak for yourself, commie.  I have all the Kirk Cameron movies on VHS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Didn't know him but he was quite the story teller. As we near Mother's Day, a story he wrote a decade ago about his mother that gives you some great insight into his life:

https://www.houstoniamag.com/news-and-city-life/2013/07/of-unknown-origin-july-2013

That is just a great piece of work and an amazing story.

Vaya con dios, John.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, irishtexan said:

Well fuck me. Earlier today I found out the Grendal/PO1D died in March and now MAC is terminal. Two wildly different posters who brought a helluva lot of entertainment to the boards over the years. Bummer. Addiction's a bitch. 

uh what? how'd that happen?

Holy shit, that was a chilling article. As a sober alcoholic, I had an out loud conversation with myself earlier today about why I inexplicably lean towards self-sabotage whenever the opportunity presents itself. I'm in put up or shut up mode on a few business matters involving others, and I was shouting at myself in the third person while driving down the highway. It's not insane if I'm self-aware, right? Anyway, it changed my perception.

To John - I regret our paths didn't cross. To his family and loved ones - nothing short of locking him up that you could have done if he was hell-bent on sparring with the disease. I hate that some die to remind others to live.

I just wish you'd been there in my pickup to laugh at me. I would have treated you to gumbo and grilled flounder at the Schooner.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

I just wish you'd been there in my pickup to laugh at me. I would have treated you to gumbo and grilled flounder at the Schooner.

Me too.  I mean, laughing at you would have been a bonus.  I just love the grub at the Schooner.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Damn.  That is some good writin’

• Like 1

5 hours ago, msbesq said:

He once wrote an article in the Houston Press about walking the length of Westheimer with a friend to discover the real Houston by walking through neighborhoods, shopping centers and office parks. He then decided to re-create the walk with any reader who wanted to join him. About six of us did and we spent a very enjoyable day with him, and yes, we stopped at a liquor store and two bars along the way. RIP.

The exact article that came to mind as I read this news. Brilliant writer. He’ll be missed. 

RIP to a great writer and knowledge worthy member of our little community that loves all things Texas Sports. I never interacted with him, but I took most everything to heart when it came to texas football that he said. You will be missed, my friend. 

now send some mojo down from heaven this season to whip ou and bama! 

• Like 1

• blacklab changed the title to MaybeACoordinator has passed away - Official Farewell Thread
  • immamac unpinned this topic