45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

So the restaurant full of Trump supporters that Trump stopped by and visited after he left the courthouse, I note that none of them felt compelled to stick their necks out for him and start shit at the courthouse. Or even bothered to show up, even though they were nearby.

This is why I disagree with YGIFS. Many people may like Trump, but the vast majority won't risk their livelihood or freedom for him. The ones who did are wearing ankle monitors, or doing time in prison, or finished doing time for him, or sweating it out that they might be identified as having been at the Capitol on Jan 6, and he didn't do shit to help any of them.

They all know he's damaged goods. They like what they think he gives them or how he  makes them feel, but at the end of the day, he's replaceable in their eyes, and not worth fighting for. Not even Mike Lindell or MTG are willing to truly stick their necks out for him.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Once, a loooong time ago, I had a piece of prior art, a British or other European patent document dated 05.12.19XX.  I and the client were shitting ourselves because in 'merican, that was more than one year prior to our filing date, making it relevant prior art.

Took us all a while to remember that was 5 December 19xx, making it about six months after our filing date and thus immaterial.

Cool Story Bro GIF - 500days Of Summer Joseph Gordon Levitt Cool Story Bro GIFs

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

They like what they think he gives them or how he  makes them feel, but at the end of the day, he's replaceable in their eyes, and not worth fighting for.

I think it's that they never actually believed it enough to do anything regardless.  Yes, they like the way it makes them feel.  That's as far as it goes for 99%.  The problem with that thought is it's a dangerous game that we can't afford to play.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

lol, does that dude really think he has a shot? most of his potential constituents won't even know how to pronounce his name and rather than trying will come up with some slur based on it and not vote for him. like, not a snowball's chance in hell trump's base is going to give that dude even a second glance.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

And the subtitle is about holding government accountable.

The irony hurts.

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol, does that dude really think he has a shot? most of his potential constituents won't even know how to pronounce his name and rather than trying will come up with some slur based on it and not vote for him. like, not a snowball's chance in hell trump's base is going to give that dude even a second glance.

You know what I like about it though? The guy is constantly reminding everybody that Trump could be convicted of one or more felonies. It seems like his platform is him going around saying "hey, if Trump is convicted of some crimes, I'll pardon him."

It's damn near performance art. If I had George Soros money, hell I'd pay some Republican to run for the White House on a platform of reminding everybody that Trump has legal problems.

• Rage+1 1

Dotard is very unpopular. Last I heard his approval rating was 31% (which, even being that high.... I need a drink). It's just amazing watching all of these people bend over backwards to defend him when he is caught dead to rights, and some of those people are running against him for President. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

t's just amazing watching all of these people bend over backwards to defend him when he is caught dead to rights, and some of those people are running against him for President. 

They know it will cost them, at minimum, 25% of the voters.  You can't win without them.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Dotard is very unpopular. Last I heard his approval rating was 31% (which, even being that high.... I need a drink). It's just amazing watching all of these people bend over backwards to defend him when he is caught dead to rights, and some of those people are running against him for President. 

It's b/c they can't get out of an R primary w/out sucking his cock to appease the wacko dotard base. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Bullneck said:

I love that the artist made his hands big, tailored the suit and made his tie the correct length, and trimmed about 185 pounds off of him, they still left the turkey waddle neck.

ETA now that I look at it, it's like he painted Trump's head on someone else's body entirely.

Edited by Grade of D as in David
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so cnn keeps playing this clip from an earlier interview with ken buck.  buck isn't a big trump guy, but he's a republican, so he's saying the same ole shit.  then he says that he wouldn't be comfortable with a convicted felon in the white house.  so apparently, that's where we are.  semantics. 

he's basically saying he acknowledges what he did, maybe he's even ok with it, but if he gets convicted, that's a bridge too far.  ok.

if you think what he did shouldn't be a crime, fine.

if you think what he did should be a crime, but he shouldn't be prosecuted because he's a former potus, fine.

if you think other people committed those crimes too, fine.

if you think hillary clinton and joe biden and mike pence should be in prison already, fine.

if you think there's no way that 12/12 jurors in florida won't agree to convict him, fine.

but don't sit here and act like we're not sure if he did it.  he did it.  we know he did it.  we have him on tape doing it.  everyone close to him offered evidence that he did it.  we have audio tape and photographical evidence that he did it. 

if you need mental gymnastics to figure out what to say to a journalist, then you should stop giving interviews.  i have not heard one republican say he didn't do it.   

You forgot the most important part: Trump being a defiant criminal is a PLUS for them.  It shows that they can dominate and force America to bend to their will, not the will that is embedded in the rule of law.  Electing a criminal is the ultimate "WE'RE in control now" middle finger to everyone else.  And being that the GQP literally has no platform OTHER than "fuck all y'all!", Trump is their perfect candidate.  He is going to get MORE GQP votes from this, not fewer.

Read up on (the late) Berlusconi.  His criminal travails made his supporters love him even more.  Trump is our Berlusconi, except Berlusconi at least had a functioning penis and had some level of game (pervey creep that he was).

25 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

So the restaurant full of Trump supporters that Trump stopped by and visited after he left the courthouse, I note that none of them felt compelled to stick their necks out for him and start shit at the courthouse. Or even bothered to show up, even though they were nearby.

This is why I disagree with YGIFS. Many people may like Trump, but the vast majority won't risk their livelihood or freedom for him. The ones who did are wearing ankle monitors, or doing time in prison, or finished doing time for him, or sweating it out that they might be identified as having been at the Capitol on Jan 6, and he didn't do shit to help any of them.

They all know he's damaged goods. They like what they think he gives them or how he  makes them feel, but at the end of the day, he's replaceable in their eyes, and not worth fighting for. Not even Mike Lindell or MTG are willing to truly stick their necks out for him.

....But they're all going to show up and vote for him.  With enthusiasm.  Because fuck you, libtards!

1 hour ago, The Dog said:

You know what else deters treasonous terrorists?  647 grains of .50 cal lead ripping through their torsos.  Which is the fate that anyone trying to violently overthrow my government should meet.

Prosecutions are cool.  Stacks of bodies in pools of blood reaching room temperature is cooler.  I hate fucking treasonous terrorists.  A lot.

• Hook 'Em 6

Ramaswamy must really be losing a shit ton of money because there's really no other reason to keep sucking off trump and his cult when none of those vote are going to swing your way. You were always going to be at 1-2% and nothing more. 

6 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Ramaswamy must really be losing a shit ton of money because there's really no other reason to keep sucking off trump and his cult when none of those vote are going to swing your way. You were always going to be at 1-2% and nothing more. 

He’s angling for Slovakia

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

Bye Bye Loser GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sawbonz said:

I didn’t get to watch any of this goat show. Was Trump released on PR? He looked like hammered shit in the photo. Why was he in a blue tie?

He wasn't. That was a different photo making the rounds on twitter this morning. It clearly wasn't from today as he was wearing a red tie. 

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, Pancho said:

Nope- he’s perfecting the model that Trump created with some Andrew Yang improvements- monetizing a presidential run. He’s going to come out WAY ahead on this. Just watch.

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

Nope- he’s perfecting the model that Trump created with some Andrew Yang improvements- monetizing a presidential run. He’s going to come out WAY ahead on this. Just watch.

So I wonder what Trump had for lunch today at Doral.  Any ideas?

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Is it bad that our past/future President is arrested?  If it’s him and Joe that’s actually a possibility, why neither can’t we get a decent candidate on either side  blows my mind.  

Edited by Hook1997

10 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Trump is such a swell guy that he didn't get his little sidekick Walter Nauta, the Otis to his Lex Luthor, legal representation for today.

they were together post arraignment. They’re not supposed to be in contact 

58 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Because it won't cost him votes to support Trump but it will cost him to go against Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

Is it bad that our past/future President is arrested?  If it’s him and Joe that’s actually a possibility, why neither can’t we get a decent candidate on either side  blows my mind.  

OK, who do you suggest?

4 hours ago, Celery Man said:

image.thumb.png.a9e6110a64816857a2a3015b4185cdc3.png

republicans are so goddamned stupid

I’ve voted for the least Trumpy candidates in every R primary since 2018 and I’m in the 61%. I can’t imagine having a lower view of him.

Edited by Mole
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Hook1997 said:

I mean, the bad thing isn't that he was arrested. It's not bad that he was prosecuted.

What's bad is that he deserves it. That he committed some very, very serious crimes. And that despite this, a significant minority of the population supports him anyway.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 6
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Yep, the only real play if you actually WANT to win is to attack, attack and attack some more.  Call him a Loser, call him Dotard, call him an Orange Baboon.  Ring him up every single time you are in front of a camera.  Ring him up in a debate "I'm not the one who just got buttfucked on TV Don."  Full Daniel Kaffee is the move, but these guys are all P's or looking for a job based on kissing ass, collecting 3% and then pledging it to him.  

There is no "play" that  gets you a win. Enough of the republican party has gone  full GQP that Trump is the de facto leader. It doesn't matter if his opponents attack him daily or lick his balls every time they see him, Trump's getting the majority of the GQP vote if he's on a ballet. 

Edited by Blotto
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

There is no "play" that  gets you a win. Enough of the republican party has gone  full GQP that Trump is the de facto leader. It doesn't matter if his opponents attack him daily or lick his balls every time they see him, Trump's getting the majority of the GQP vote if he's on a ballet. 

He is the party now. They can’t criticize him because that would be criticizing the entire party. They’re not for anything else anymore but Trump and attempting to own the libs. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

That's fair and probably right but if a candidate really enters the race with the sole motivation of winning it's the plan they should employ.  I think the fact none of them do tells you that isn't really their motivation, or they are pussies, or they just don't know how to attack, get hit in the mouth and continue the attack.  

• Hook 'Em 2

If someone proves they fight harder amd can bloody Trump the GQP base would not hesitate to jump ship. Don't misunderstand that whatsoever.

You don’t get it. Trump can’t be “bloodied.” Trump could emerge after a complete ass-kicking, covered in his own blood and feces, declare himself the winningest fighter ever, and they’d cheer him until they ran out of breath.
This party is Trump’s until he dies. Period.
  • Hook 'Em 4

17 minutes ago, G650 said:

If someone proves they fight harder amd can bloody Trump the GQP base would not hesitate to jump ship. Don't misunderstand that whatsoever.

For all of his flaws, Trump's appeal wont be easily replaced. Who in the GQP is gonna bloody Trump? Meatball Ron's campaign imploded in like 3 weeks. Every stooge that tries gets beat down like a dog. The vast majority of GQP voters aren't looking for someone else, they don't want someone else. A challenge to Trump challenges their raison d'etre for the last 7-8 years.  

Trump got them 75 million votes in the last election (he also got Biden 80 million). Party leadership knows that if they run anyone else in the general, turnout will be a lot lower and that fucks them in some of their elections. They are stuck that with motherfucker until he dies or decides he isnt running. Its glorious to watch, because even the GQP officials that cant stand the guy, know that they have to pretend to like him.

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

You don’t get it. Trump can’t be “bloodied.” Trump could emerge after a complete ass-kicking, covered in his own blood and feces, declare himself the winningest fighter ever, and they’d cheer him until they ran out of breath.
This party is Trump’s until he dies. Period.

I fully get it, but I'm not sure you do. Trump is the biggest bully, that's why they love him. Find a bigger bully amd they will drop him like a bad habit.

I'm not saying there is a bigger bully in this race, but these people only care about hurting others. Find someone who can do that and they will forget Trumps name.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated