Parliament

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Some wild stats I read today. 

Michigan led at halftime of every game. 

First team in over 120 years to not allow an opponent to score 25 points in a game. (24 twice Maryland & O$U)

Bowling Green accounted for 4 of Michigan's 5 offensive turnovers on the season. Aside from the Bowling Green game, Michigan's offense lost 1 possession on a turnover in 14 games. (I still don't know that that is true but I read it on the internet)

Lowest star ranked team to win a championship since team recruiting stats. 

It is a BS stat that said the 1st team not to allow an opponent to score 25 points in 15 games. I am ashamed you fell for that, since 1997 Michigan never gave up 25 pts. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1997_Michigan_Wolverines_football_team

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_Washington_Huskies_football_team

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_Clemson_Tigers_football_team

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Alabama_Crimson_Tide_football_team

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Alabama_Crimson_Tide_football_team

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Congrats on the championship, Juicy. For months after we got ours in 2005, I would be doing something ordinary like crossing a street or standing in line and the thought of Texas winning the trophy would just make me smile.

Enjoy it.

Exactly - congrats on getting it. After Auburn got it in 2010 I had the same feelings, just a quick smile. Especially considering how close we came multiple times and how retarded 2004 was. The day after I ran into a big Alabama fan at work and he didn't say a word but just shook my hand.

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, AUinHsv said:

Exactly - congrats on getting it. After Auburn got it in 2010 I had the same feelings, just a quick smile. Especially considering how close we came multiple times and how retarded 2004 was. The day after I ran into a big Alabama fan at work and he didn't say a word but just shook my hand.

Was it the super-duper secret SEC handshake?  If so, is this something we will be taught at orientation?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

Congrats on the championship, Juicy. For months after we got ours in 2005, I would be doing something ordinary like crossing a street or standing in line and the thought of Texas winning the trophy would just make me smile.

Enjoy it.

1 hour ago, AUinHsv said:

Sometimes I fondly think back to when Jeff Sagarin retroactively awarded UK the 1950 Title for their Sugar Bowl win over Oklahoma and smile.  I still have my championship t-shirt. 

27 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

.5a36156756c6351879c1dfbf0485fee1.jpg

Further proof Travis is a moron. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Underdog said:

Sometimes I fondly think back to when Jeff Sagarin retroactively awarded UK the 1950 Title for their Sugar Bowl win over Oklahoma and smile.  I still have my championship t-shirt. 

Further proof Travis is a moron. 

This thread is 2 years older than that tweet...just sayin

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vertigo said:

Enjoy it now before the NCAA takes it back.

I don't think that is going to happen.... But even if it does, the NCAA can't take away the way I felt Monday night, or Tuesday morning, or now. 

Fucking Champs Baby! 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I wanted to share this because, well, it’s cool and bittersweet at the same time. I used to post years ago on a football board for high school football. Two of the posters from that board were fans of teams in the same division. They eventually met and married. I would not have known about what has happened to the husband had I not accidentally opened my Facebook (Haven’t used it in almost 7 years, but I didn’t delete it.). The husband is originally from Michigan and I saw a post where he wanted tickets to see the title game because he’s at MD Anderson and has both brain and lung cancer and he’s terminal now. He and his wife were given the money for tickets to the game. The title game will be his final time seeing his Wolverines play. I was happy for him to get to see one last win. Cancer sucks, but it hasn’t taken away his ability to enjoy his family and the sport he loves.

I guess I share this because our lives are so short and we do not know when the end will come. Get out and do what you can while you can. Make memories that those you will leave behind one day can remember fondly. 

Damn, that is deep. Glad that he got to see them win it all though. 

I wanted to share this because, well, it’s cool and bittersweet at the same time. I used to post years ago on a football board for high school football. Two of the posters from that board were fans of teams in the same division. They eventually met and married. I would not have known about what has happened to the husband had I not accidentally opened my Facebook (Haven’t used it in almost 7 years, but I didn’t delete it.). The husband is originally from Michigan and I saw a post where he wanted tickets to see the title game because he’s at MD Anderson and has both brain and lung cancer and he’s terminal now. He and his wife were given the money for tickets to the game. The title game will be his final time seeing his Wolverines play. I was happy for him to get to see one last win. Cancer sucks, but it hasn’t taken away his ability to enjoy his family and the sport he loves.

I guess I share this because our lives are so short and we do not know when the end will come. Get out and do what you can while you can. Make memories that those you will leave behind one day can remember fondly. 

So how much time do we have to get it vacated for him?

24 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I hope he stays.

Fucker doesn't even take time to enjoy the title. And if you're a Michigan fan, this has to be killing some of your joy.

This is the part of CFB that is slowly turning me away.

Nah, he has earned it. He took michigan from the abyss and built the program back and got a natty. If he stays great, if not thanks for the turnaround. 

I still think he will stay, just based on the fact I don't think NFL teams really want to deal with the weird side of harbaugh + the amount of money it would cost to get that weirdo. 

• Like 1

On 1/9/2024 at 1:57 PM, Juicy said:

First team in over 120 years to not allow an opponent to score 25 points in a game. (24 twice Maryland & O$U)

Bowling Green accounted for 4 of Michigan's 5 offensive turnovers on the season. Aside from the Bowling Green game, Michigan's offense lost 1 possession on a turnover in 14 games. (I still don't know that that is true but I read it on the internet)

I don't think that's 100% accurate. Michigan turned it over eight times all season, one vs UNLV, four against Bowling Green (amazing really), one against Purdue, one against Maryland and one against Alabama. Looks like the backup QB threw the pick against UNLV. The TO vs Purdue was a fumble but I'm not sure who fumbled. (It looks like it was probably another fumbled punt.) McCarthy threw a pick in the Maryland game. I think the TO in the Bama game was a muffed punt. It's at least two, maybe three depending on the Purdue turnover.

Still, pretty amazing how well they took care of the ball.

On 1/9/2024 at 8:58 PM, YGIFS said:

Is that the same dumbass Clay from that radio show for the stupids?  What's he doing weighing in on college football?  

Same guy. He started on college football and then realized there was easy money to be made in the MAGA world. He's a shit-head of the highest order. I think Barstool thought he was too mysoginistic and extreme for their shop.

• Fuck You 1

On 1/9/2024 at 1:57 PM, Juicy said:

I probably said otherwise at some point in this thread, but Harbaugh is a great motherfucking coach.  He did all of that and Michigan's last few recruiting classes were ranked: 

• 2023: 17th
  • 2022: 9th
  • 2021: 13th
  • 2020: 10th
  • 2019: 8th
  • 2018: 22nd

21 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

He's interviewing with national signing day on the horizon is no bueno for Michigan. In the past I'd say that his leaving would set them back for years but who knows in these crazy days of portal/NIL. 

Signing day already happened. Once they moved it to two signing days, the February 1 became no big deal. 

Last year he interviewed with the Vikings ON the Feb Signing day. It worked out alright. 

Edited by Juicy

• immamac changed the title to Jim Harbaugh NO LONGER coaches at Michigan