A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

1 minute ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’m not really all that familiar with them. I had heard what they are but the first specific NFT I heard about being offered for sale was from Melania Trump and it was a digital painting of her eyes. They held an auction where the winning bidder got one of her hats, an actual painting of her, and the NFT. It appeared as though either she or whoever set up her NFT was the winning bidder. But there wasn’t a random chance to the NFT you’d get. It was just that one thing.

https://fortune.com/2022/02/16/melania-trump-nft-auction

But if they’re selecting NFT’s at random when you place an order and creating planned scarcity then it’s not really a sale, it’s a lottery. Hell, even trading cards don’t do that anymore. If you want to collect baseball cards, nowadays you can just go out and buy a complete set. (Or at least you could the last time I visited a store that sells those things. And they weren’t cheap.) I wouldn’t buy an NFT in the first place. But if they’re all just a grab bag then it’s even dumber than I thought. 

there are 'art' NFTs where it's like a painting that you can buy or compete at auction, but most are set up like the baseball cards back in the day.  you buy a pack and you don't know what you will get inside.  what 'ant said about gacha was (sorta) correct but that even a semi-obscure reference from pay to win gaming.  Think they are call lootboxes now in fortnite etc....  the difference being that with NFTs of this sort, there is supposed to be a hard cap, usually 10K or below so that the manufactured rarity is never diluted. (gacha/lootboxes do not have a hard cap on the # of 'rare' items that can be won)  This is why you would see stories about people spending 6-7 figures on rare NFTs.

26 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Not one of the above posters, but another prolific right winger from this site called me from a bar one night, feigned a conversation, and then begged me to call the bar and give them my credit card number to cover his bar tab because he knew his credit card was over the limit and was going to be declined.

I declined, of course.  Sad.

Something something bootstraps 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

the NFT's are hosted on the website itself, instead of in a blockchain, so when the website is shutdown someday, the NFT's will disappear forever

this is pretty typical for NFTs and one of the reasons they're stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Is 90 machine guns for three police officers too many?  Asking for a friend.

Small town Iowa police chief charged with lying to ATF to get 90 machine guns for department with 3 officers (msn.com)

Put on the Trump thread because I know this asshole was a Trumpkin.

Iowa? Well, those meth labs aren’t gonna just shoot up themselves.

So for $4,455 you get a ticket to dinner.   No travel costs and YOU KNOW there's no room at the inn (Mar-A-Lago) for these peons.   So fly or drive your fat MAGA ass to south Florida on your own dime, get into the dining room (assuming they don't dress code your lard ass) and then slither on down the road to the Motel 6 or Super 8 of your choice for a night.    Maybe you can double dip this and make a side trip to Disney World with your herd of 9 toed kids.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

So for $4,455 you get a ticket to dinner.   No travel costs and YOU KNOW there's no room at the inn (Mar-A-Lago) for these peons.   So fly or drive your fat MAGA ass to south Florida on your own dime, get into the dining room (assuming they don't dress code your lard ass) and then slither on down the road to the Motel 6 or Super 8 of your choice for a night.    Maybe you can double dip this and make a side trip to Disney World with your herd of 9 toed kids.  

9 toed kids is a lot of kids. How many non toed kids?

• Haha 3

Here’s something that’s funny to me. Fox News and talk radio have for decades now been hammering these rubes about how money has no real value and could be worthless in an instant, so that’s why you should buy precious metals (and store them with us for a fee.)

this nft scam seems like the exact opposite of that, and the same rubes ate it all up.  They can’t hold it, aren’t in possession of it, and as soon as they feel like unplugging the server, it goes away entirely. 

2 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

Sold out.  So he just made $4.5MM. 

Also, can’t wait until round two of this “sold out” fleecing. 

I have to say this is pretty good news. The narcissistic dip shit will ignore the fact that it is humiliating - and being made fun of - and his lost credibility with the maggots. What he will see, is a profit from grifting, and come up with even possibly more ridiculous, humiliating, non-presidential ideas to make money.

All-in-all, this was a win for America. 

37 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

there are 'art' NFTs where it's like a painting that you can buy or compete at auction, but most are set up like the baseball cards back in the day.  you buy a pack and you don't know what you will get inside.  what 'ant said about gacha was (sorta) correct but that even a semi-obscure reference from pay to win gaming.  Think they are call lootboxes now in fortnite etc....  the difference being that with NFTs of this sort, there is supposed to be a hard cap, usually 10K or below so that the manufactured rarity is never diluted. (gacha/lootboxes do not have a hard cap on the # of 'rare' items that can be won)  This is why you would see stories about people spending 6-7 figures on rare NFTs.

I remember a couple of The Ticket guys talking about the NBA's "Top Shot" (I think that's what their NFT's were called) shit for a bit last year (or the year before) but haven't heard a peep out of them in a long time (one of those guys hopped over to The Freak. Did those go away?

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Soooo...

Let's say I collect the complete set of these Trump jpg's (not legally purchasing them, mind you....just from here, there and yonder) and I start to post them on Truth.  Will I get banned for sharing the pictures for free? Or will I get adored and saluted for having the complete set?

Your penis will need a vacation.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Willfully Horn said:

Well, yeah. They have to come to terms with the fact that they backed an idiot-world jackass as the President of the US. @Johnny Sack has to face he is a chump. @Anastasis has to ignore, once again, why he cast his lot with banal evil. @fattyflattie has to remind himself that he will accept enormous harm to others so long as he has another boat at which to throw money. Soon enough, the rationalizations will assuage their consciences. But it’s rough for these folks, now.

Will they though?

Peruse Texags, they have turned a bit sour on Trump, but they pretty much universally claim he 1000X better than Hillary or Biden and regret nothing. They are not coming to terms with anything.

Of all the egregious shit Trump has done the last 7 years, the straw that broke the camel's back with Trump is when he was critical of DeSantis and called him "De-sanctimonious". Let that sink in... everything else was perfectly fine.. but god gosh, not that!

As or today, they don't think Trump can beat Biden in 2024, so he is being dumped, but they don't regret backing him in 2016 or 2020.

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, BearSchlong said:

Not one of the above posters, but another prolific right winger from this site called me from a bar one night, feigned a conversation, and then begged me to call the bar and give them my credit card number to cover his bar tab because he knew his credit card was over the limit and was going to be declined.

I declined, of course.  Sad.

1 -- that is indeed pathetic.

2 -- still, respek for taking the shot.  Shooters shoot.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Will they though?

Peruse Texags, they have turned a bit sour on Trump, but they pretty much universally claim he 1000X better than Hillary or Biden and regret nothing. They are not coming to terms with anything.

Of all the egregious shit Trump has done the last 7 years, the straw that broke the camel's back with Trump is when he was critical of DeSantis and called him "De-sanctimonious". Let that sink in... everything else was perfectly fine.. but god gosh, not that!

As or today, they don't think Trump can beat Biden in 2024, so he is being dumped, but they don't regret backing him in 2016 or 2020.

Small movements matter a lot though in a world where ever election comes down to 1%.

The brief thing I read from Texags was a guy saying Trump was better than the ebil libs, but he was backsliding to his own lib past when he was a Democrat. It's an example of why they'll vote for the devil himself over the illusory evil of whatever they think liberalism is.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, yoladu said:

Will they though?

got judges who overturned roe v wade, got libs crying, and got expiring tax cuts for poors and permanent tax cuts for billionaires, what's not to like?

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I’m contemplating buying some cheap photo frames and sending out framed prints to the Trumpkins I know.

Do this.

write the following on the back of the print

certified NFT - GUID 625f95b3-dc47-4cf4-8400-e9f0f271ed01

Write it with a crayon. Bonus points for misspelling “certified”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Is 90 machine guns for three police officers too many?  Asking for a friend.

Small town Iowa police chief charged with lying to ATF to get 90 machine guns for department with 3 officers (msn.com)

Put on the Trump thread because I know this asshole was a Trumpkin.

Instead, according to prosecutors, weapons were resold for profit through Wendt's private gun store or another store owned by a friend who also is facing charges.

These guys should be go away for a long long time.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

come on, mac.  trumpers don't ever worry about hotels on vacation.

Car Air GIF by MotorTrend

• Haha 2

man those thing are actually selling well on the secondary market.  ~2.2x initial pricing.  the rare 1 of 1 i saw sold for ~$4K, another one for $5K

people who minted are flipping for a profit.  sales every 45 seconds or so, which indicates great volume

https://opensea.io/collection/trump-digital-trading-cards/activity

1500 ETH traded so far.  so at 10% thats another $200K in royalties.  the entity that bought Trumps likeness for these is making out very well.  Their 'labor' consisted of stealing stock photos and pasting an orange head on top.  Probably used the Opensea boilerplate smart contract and got Trump to do marketing.  pretty much pure profit.

• Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, gyroprotagonist said:

man those thing are actually selling well on the secondary market.  ~2.2x initial pricing.  the rare 1 of 1 i saw sold for ~$4K, another one for $5K

people who minted are flipping for a profit.  sales every 45 seconds or so, which indicates great volume

https://opensea.io/collection/trump-digital-trading-cards/activity

1500 ETH traded so far.  so at 10% thats another $200K in royalties.  the entity that bought Trumps likeness for these is making out very well.  Their 'labor' consisted of stealing stock photos and pasting an orange head on top.  Probably used the Opensea boilerplate smart contract and got Trump to do marketing.  pretty much pure profit.

So what you're saying is the stupidest timeline? Check.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

So what you're saying is the stupidest timeline? Check.

well, what i am saying is what most likely happened is nft degens likely bought most of these.  right now unique ownership is 33%.  they are now offloading on likely trumpers  who will get stuck buying these at inflated pricing.

but yes, as someone who has banged around NFTs for better part of the last 1.5 years, this project selling out with 45K items surprises me.  But nft degens are thirsty for any action right now. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

e661fcbb35c26e58831a31d481e280f5.jpg

57 minutes ago, Blotto said:

I'm getting in on this fucking gravy train. Introducing the limited time "Family Values" Collection

TIF4.png.5281bf8f6172b5a817b61f1d21fe2015.png

TIF2.png.aa89a19cd9aaba921ad84cf3a4d6e9de.png

TIF3.png.392ac8254d2a9c9aac46b422bb68d4a1.png

TIF1.png.ed075846ec40228386b8b2db7534404e.png

Act fast before these are gone forever

I'm gonna collect a bunch of these, put them on a thumb drive, give them to my magat relatives as christmas gifts, and tell them I bought them the TurmpNFTs.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I'm gonna collect a bunch of these, put them on a thumb drive, give them to my magat relatives as christmas gifts, and tell them I bought them the TurmpNFTs.

giphy.gif

I wonder if I should do the same for my dipshit brother-in-law who nearly ruined Christmas last year by wrapping my wife's and my gifts from him in Trump 2024 wrapping paper. He thought that was hilarious. My lovely wife, who was the epitome of apolitical 2+ years ago, tore him a new asshole and threatened to stomp out the door. It was a little tense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That has to be a lie. No way they sold that many unless they bought them themselves. 

2 hours ago, safe sex said:

Or it's just more money laundering

1. Money Laundering - Instead of books, "prints" these and he can use campaign or other contributions to funnel the money to his personal accounts

2. Money Laundering - If you buy 40000 You get free SCI document (Not in the disclaimer but is a wink and nod deal)

Notice he is taking cash not bitcoin for these things.  Very interesting.

• Hook 'Em 1

How could foreign actors pay Trump money for a classified document? They could hire people to run up large bills at Mar E Largo but that would take too much time. Invest in his real estate? Trump Org is kind of having issues at the moment. So how? 

Offer worthless NFTs that were copy and pasted from the internet. Foreign actors hire buyers to snatch them up for premium. Legal transaction, and Trump gets legal tender in his accounts. 

• Rage+1 1