A story about a pathetic man's downfall

Francisco 2.0

On 1/8/2023 at 6:27 PM, RomaVicta said:

I watched the Dustin Hoffman Lenny Bruce movie a thousand or so years ago. Lenny Bruce was a cutting edge comedian and social commentary guy back in the 60s. If I recall correctly, he started including the law enforcement problems he was having due to his refusal to self-censor. At first it was funny, but, as portrayed in the movie, soon turned his act into a tedious presentation where he was reading paperwork and repeating the same (in his case valid) outrage over and over.

It helped kill his career.

I think Trump is in that same place. He keeps harping on the same things with the same words and is just insufferable to listen to. Someone is about to fill that void. Someone like Kari Lake. The outrage machine needs charisma and new fodder. Trump in isolation has lost touch with his audience.

The GOP shitshow might implode before it can implode the country. Jefferies' frank, concise speech in the House laid out the battleground and pronounced there will be battle. 

Maybe. Just maybe. We come out of this okay. The rabid plurality may de-nut the GOP by splintering it. 

that's great it starts with an earthquake birds and snakes and airplanes

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Trump is only hurting himself by staying on Truth. He’d feed the Musk frenzy and be back in the global mix if he went back to Twitter. The media wouldn’t be able to help themselves. 

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Plus he’s trapped on Truth Social because that’s “his” platform that he created to rival Twitter. It would be like rejecting his own business venture if he went back to Twitter. 

2 hours ago, 'stache said:

Someone probably told him that Truth has more users than Twitter and he believes it.

I have read that Trump's deal with Truth says he has to post his bullshit on Truth a minimum of 6 hours before he is allowed to post elsewhere

Edited by Gil Bang

6 hours ago, C-Man said:

And the folks that have pumped hundreds of millions of dollars into Truth Social might have done so with an agreement that Trump uses it exclusively, yes?

3 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

I have read that Trump's deal with Truth says he has to post his bullshit on Truth a minimum of 6 hours before he is allowed to post elsewhere

Yeah, I've read it was 6 hours, which is why his press secretary waits to post his stuff on twitter.

But he got more votes in 2020 than any other U.S. President!  

I love how he thinks that stat line legitimizes his election fraud claims.  

I mean, technically.  Biggest electoral landslide in my lifetime was 1984 Reagan over Mondale.  And Trump beat his popular vote total by 20mm people.  So obviously that makes Trump president for life, and even retroactively President going back to the 1980's when he became 'self-aware'......right?  Outstanding MAGA logic and all.........

4 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Yeah, I think he would lose and would be a worse general election candidate than Desantis or really any other person who doesn’t have uncontrollable narcissistic personality disorder.  But I don’t at all understand anyone hoping he’s the nominee.  He could win, and if he does things get worse than they’ve ever been in this country.  He actually would make a move to become a dictator and 45%+ of the country would support him. 

It's not 45%, it's 35%.  Quit giving these fucking animals hope.  They are 35% of the adult population, not 40%, not 45%, not half.  35%.  75 million outta 210+ million 18 and over.  35%.  Stop making them think they have larger numbers.  They're shrinking everyday and fuck 'em! 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

It's not 45%, it's 35%.  Quit giving these fucking animals hope.  They are 35% of the adult population, not 40%, not 45%, not half.  35%.  75 million outta 210+ million 18 and over.  35%.  Stop making them think they have larger numbers.  They're shrinking everyday and fuck 'em! 

Yea!  Over 37.5% of people know that!

On 1/10/2023 at 6:40 AM, Neonmoon said:

Twitter would collapse faster if the Orange Cuck went back. He’s say something horrific, and more ads would bail. 

I think he's holding onto that card until closer to campaign season, maybe.

Edited by TexArcher
Also, fuck his fat, stupid, orange face.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Especially now that Biden has his own classified documents issues (yes, I know the situations aren't really comparable since Trump willfully withheld and concealed them for months and months even after the government asked for them), unfortunately:

spacer.png

This fucking guy is the luckiest person in the world.  Although, he's miserable and ruins everything he touches, so I guess he is more like simultaneously the luckiest and unluckiest guy in the world.  It's quite a paradox.

there's been chatter from some attorneys on twitter and a newsweek article arguing that biden's situation actually makes it more likely that trump gets indicted.  maybe @TwiceHorn or someone can elaborate.  i didn't go down the rabbithole and read the comments/argument.  here's the newsweek:

https://www.newsweek.com/biden-documents-return-makes-trump-indictment-more-likely-state-attorney-1773255

3 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

there's been chatter from some attorneys on twitter and a newsweek article arguing that biden's situation actually makes it more likely that trump gets indicted.  maybe @TwiceHorn or someone can elaborate.  i didn't go down the rabbithole and read the comments/argument.  here's the newsweek:

https://www.newsweek.com/biden-documents-return-makes-trump-indictment-more-likely-state-attorney-1773255

I don't think there's a definite answer here. It can strike people different ways even if they are inclined to prosecute. 

I should elaborate.  I think the initial decision decision to prosecute is, as Garland says, dictated by the facts and the law and "can we convict on this"?  Then the various "political" or non-legal considerations come into play, like optics, fallout, political destruction or enhancement, etc.

This can "cut both ways" and I think sentient people are going to recognize that, even if they think it somewhat either favors (Trump's was a real, serious violation/Biden's wasnt) or disfavors (Biden did the same thing and we can't prosecute even if we wanted to) prosecution.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

Here’s a good quote from that story that I agree with 100%

This definitely will help Trump in the MAGA court of public opinion," Aronberg said. "When Trump gets indicted—and I think it's more of a when than an if—and Biden doesn't, he'll claim disparate treatment and this will become Trump's number one grievance and this will help him rally his loyal base."

"But it should not impact the Department of Justice's decision on charging Trump in the Mar-a-Lago documents," he said.

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

Biden is such a colossal idiot to have done that when this trump shit is ongoing. What a fucking dip shit. 

Well, the thing is, whatever Biden did, he probably did more than five years ago when he left office as VP.

I'm not sure what, if anything, propelled the discovery of the "first batch" of documents, but I'm fairly certain the discovery of the second batch was an oh, shit we better start digging around provoked by the discovery of the first set.

Being less than candid about the second set when talking about the first set was a colossal blunder, however.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, C-Man said:

Brigitte Gabriel (Arabic: بريجيت غابرييل; born Hanan Qahwaji,[2] 21 October 1964) is a Lebanese-American conservative author, anti-Islam activist,[3][4][5][6] and founder of the anti-Muslim group ACT! for America.

After graduating from high school, Gabriel completed a one-year business administration course at a YWCA in 1984.[19]

• Haha 4

58 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Brigitte Gabriel (Arabic: بريجيت غابرييل; born Hanan Qahwaji,[2] 21 October 1964) is a Lebanese-American conservative author, anti-Islam activist,[3][4][5][6] and founder of the anti-Muslim group ACT! for America.

After graduating from high school, Gabriel completed a one-year business administration course at a YWCA in 1984.[19]

So, she’s more educated than Boebert?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3
  • Haha 4