Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

i wish we had one of those win/loss percentage charts that espn has during a game. at the start of this thread it would be a 1% chance of not being fired. with the news that it might be his daughter's boyfriend it goes up to about 80% chance he doesn't get fired.

Not to speculate but the daughters boyfriend thing is gaining traction. 
Nahlin wording his posts very carefully…

Basically "I don't know what happened and I don't even know if it was a female."

So really, there is no news indicating it was in defense of himself or his daughter(s), and the daughter’s boyfriend thing is message board wishcasting.

$9.95 plz
  • Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

#2 coach at a football-only school?…………. My guess is “third degree, schmird degree” with some “really, really sorry’s” and a splash of rehab counseling.  Of course, I could be wrong in which case we’re f—-ked………

If the age we're living in has taught us anything it's to just PR the shit out of something initially, then go completely silent and it gets forgotten with the next school shooting or dumbass politician thing or something. People get distracted in record time these days.

I'm not holding the winning coach of my team to a higher standard than the people running the country are held. That's just crazy. 

Edited by Hermanator

19 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

The story will be he walked in on the boyfriend sexually assaulting the daughter. He choked him out. No charges filed either way. Beard keeps his job but enters counseling. Somehow the boyfriend is seen driving a Lambo by Saturday.

I hate to break it to you...

5 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

I admit I don't understand the charge.  Why is trying to strangle someone to death only a 3rd degree felony?  Or do I have burns and felonies confused and 3rd degree is the worst?

Assault is typically a Class A misdemeanor.  Except, it is considered a 3rd degree felony if committed against a member of the household/family etc. and "the offense is committed by intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly impeding the normal breathing or circulation of the blood of the person by applying pressure to the person's throat or neck or by blocking the person's nose or mouth." 

So, under the Penal Code, placing your hand over someone's face could be considered impeding normal breathing sufficient to be charged with the offense.  

Just now, field said:

Assault is typically a Class A misdemeanor.  Except, it is considered a 3rd degree felony if committed against a member of the household/family etc. and "the offense is committed by intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly impeding the normal breathing or circulation of the blood of the person by applying pressure to the person's throat or neck or by blocking the person's nose or mouth." 

So, under the Penal Code, placing your hand over someone's face could be considered impeding normal breathing sufficient to be charged with the offense.  

I like this angle. 

1 hour ago, Liquor and Poker said:

We are a volleyball school now

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Volleyball and Swimming & Diving have been our first class programs for decades now. 

Could y'all leave the volleyball team out of the site motto before you curse them, too?  Please and thank you.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

#2 coach at a football-only school?…………. My guess is “third degree, schmird degree” with some “really, really sorry’s” and a splash of rehab counseling.  Of course, I could be wrong in which case we’re f—-ked………

He could theoretically go to prison for 10 years with his current charge (rarely happens, but still). His only hope is to get it pleaded down to a misdemeanor (which could take months or years) or hope it gets dropped. Doubt he ever even goes to prison but still he’s in some shit.

10 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Well, he did study under a shitty, horrible person.

Hmmm.  I'm sure a few Surly posters, including me, studied under Alan Sager while attending UT.

He mistreated and cheated Supercuts employees for years: https://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2003-05-30/161549/. 

I guess we're shitty humans just like him?

• Haha 1

Just now, aggie08 said:

His daughter's (likely teenage) boyfriend? Yeah, man, you do.

I don't understand some of the people who post here.  There is almost no circumstance imaginable where choking someone isn't a firing offense.  Yes, we can conjure up some weird "castle doctrine" scenario where there is imminent threat of bodily harm, but besides that, no.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 minute ago, aggie08 said:

His daughter's (likely teenage) boyfriend? Yeah, man, you do.

The only way he doesn't get fired if this becomes a legit self-defense/defense of others situation. Absent that, he is fired. He doesn't get a pass just because the victim is male and not female. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Chris Beard going hard in the paint to win the ‘Family Shitshow during the Holidays’ thread.

I have admired Chris Beard’s results with his teams and tactics/ culture within the locker room.  This sucks if true, mostly for his own lack of self control and possibly hurting someone else. Hope he gets help and gets things back on the right path, wherever that might be.

11 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

The over-reactionary nature of this place is funny. Fuckers need to be taught to wait for evidence. One tweet by TMZ and everyone goes batshit losing their minds trying to ban a dude for life from his profession. 

This isn't little league. This dude's not working with children. He's coaching giants. You don't fire him if he assaulted his daughter's boyfriend. 

would you shut the fuck up? Your first post on this thread was a prediction on exactly what would happened based on...no evidence other than the charge.

Just shut the fuck up, please.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't understand some of the people who post here.  There is almost no circumstance imaginable where choking someone isn't a firing offense.  Yes, we can conjure up some weird "castle doctrine" scenario where there is imminent threat of bodily harm, but besides that, no.

The only other one really would be if his daughter had been in danger. But in that case, he wouldn't have been the only one arrested, if at all.

Just now, Techsan23 said:

I'm loving this shit. There's 100+ of you that are dog shit human beings with no moral compass. All of you hiding behind a keyboard revealing your true selves. 

I'm sorry your entire identity is based on a college team that has no relation to yourselves and now your lives are crashing down as your emperor is sitting in travis county jail. 

This group is the worst of UT fans. 

@immamac, what exactly what you say you do around here?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Drool 1

Just now, Tylerocks said:

naw-mike-epps.gif

Depends on the circumstances imo.

Boyfriend being a creep to daughter at 2 in the morning?  Yeah, you're gonna get dealt with.

Unless he was defending her from an attack/assault by the boyfriend, he is fired. You don't get to beat up the boyfriend just because you don't like him or because you caught them getting physical. Y'all are insane. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

He's not getting fired if it was just the daughter's boyfriend. It's still bad but a dad protecting his daughter is such easy spin. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Techsan23 said:

I'm loving this shit. There's 100+ of you that are dog shit human beings with no moral compass. All of you hiding behind a keyboard revealing your true selves. 

I'm sorry your entire identity is based on a college team that has no relation to yourselves and now your lives are crashing down as your emperor is sitting in travis county jail. 

This group is the worst of UT fans. 

Excited See Ya GIF by The Good Place

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi