Baker Mayfield is a piece of shit catchall thread

Landomatic

29 minutes ago, Zeus said:

giphy.gif

They are also to be known as the Toxins

Yep. And I say all of that not just because of how it affected VY's career, but also because that move told me everything I needed to know about that organization. They passed on the goat CFB quarterback, who just fucking wins football games. I knew right at that instant that they were never gonna amount to shit as a franchise. And they still haven't. And they never will. Picking up old BM would fit perfectly into that pattern, so that's probably what will happen.

They could have had a proven winner at QB, a generational talent who was born and raised in Houston, and who was idolized by Houstonians and the entire Texas fanbase. What a colossal facepalm moment. The merch sales alone would have been insane. And the season ticket sales. Fuck that organization's management. May they all eat copious bags of dicks while dying in a fire. 

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 7

30 minutes ago, wood said:

Yep. And I say all of that not just because of how it affected VY's career, but also because that move told me everything I needed to know about that organization. They passed on the goat CFB quarterback, who just fucking wins football games. I knew right at that instant that they were never gonna amount to shit as a franchise. And they still haven't. And they never will. Picking up old BM would fit perfectly into that pattern, so that's probably what will happen.

They could have had a proven winner at QB, a generational talent who was born and raised in Houston, and who was idolized by Houstonians and the entire Texas fanbase. What a colossal facepalm moment. The merch sales alone would have been insane. And the season ticket sales. Fuck that organization's management. May they all eat copious bags of dicks while dying in a fire. 

Also the major malfunction was offensive line, and at the time VY would've been an equalizer there because the more you sell out on the pass rush and play man the more he scrambles. 

They kept David Carr instead, then the following year traded for Matt Schuabb. Trash franchise. Baker would fit perfect in NFL aggy

• Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, Moby Ric said:

If that fucking clown ends up on the Texans roster that will be the final nail in the coffin for me.  Trash this organization, and bring back the fucking Oilers!!

Drafting Mario Williams was it for me. Fuck NFL aggy.

I hope they bring Baker in and make him President, GM, and Emperor for Life.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/27/2022 at 8:18 AM, NorLa Horns said:

Baker being Baker. 

But its just the Longhorns being haters. Smh

Screenshot_20220527-081706_Facebook.jpg

I wish Cowherd would be a super petty bitch and make a new shirt that says “I told you this mother fucker was undraftable” just to poke fun at that dumb ass shirt/hoody baker had made and wore on his show. I’d buy one 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

In reality based only on performance he's worth quite a bit more than only a conditional 5th plus eating salary. But there are two things working against his trade value. The first is that GMs vastly overvalue draft picks relative to established players. The second is that he's a historically epic douchebag who almost nobody likes. 

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

Carolina is also paying some portion of his $18.8M salary.  Not sure at this point how much of it Carolina is picking up.

He was only worth a 5th because the rest of the NFL had Cleveland over a barrel. Mayfield’s $18M was fully guaranteed. 

Cleveland still pays $10.5, Carolina pays $4.5, Mayfields agrees to eat $3M to facilitate trade. Carolina will also be paying the full $18.5M fifth year to Sam Darnold, LOL. 

20 minutes ago, Helobious said:

He’s basically a lock for comeback player of the year. A decentish year stats-wise (which is all he’s capable of at his best) should do it.

I don't know how well Carolina has been building their roster under Rhule, but I know they've botched the QB position.  Do they have anything other than McCaffrey?

2 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I don't know how well Carolina has been building their roster under Rhule, but I know they've botched the QB position.  Do they have anything other than McCaffrey?

And they usually only have McCaffrey for a handful of games. 

Carolina started last year 3-0 but after they got the free gimme from the Texans they went 2-12 the rest of the way with one of the wins being against Arizona when the desert ewok was out and McCoy was in.  I imagine Mayfield may get them an additional win or two but if they do better than 7-10 I will be heavily shocked.

Lulz at Cleveland only getting a 2024 conditional 5th rounder and paying $10M in salary.  That’s equivalent to no better than a 6th rounder, more likely a 7th rounder in the 2023 draft. Wasn’t there talk at one time that the Browns wanted a 1st rounder?

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

In reality based only on performance he's worth quite a bit more than only a conditional 5th plus eating salary. But there are two things working against his trade value. The first is that GMs vastly overvalue draft picks relative to established players. The second is that he's a historically epic douchebag who almost nobody likes. 

These are some salient points.

18 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

It has to be asked: what's his surly handle?

18 hours ago, Helobious said:

He’s basically a lock for comeback player of the year. A decentish year stats-wise (which is all he’s capable of at his best) should do it.

Not sure about that.  Baker is going to come out with something to prove now.  Which means he will be playing with emotion and with a chip on his shoulder.  That will either mean, comeback player of the year, or a league record in interceptions throw in a season.

What is Baker coming back from?  Being a tool that wasn't worth making the franchise QB? Comeback POY typically comes back from injury, not insult.  Tannehill is the only recent CPOY that righted his stats/reputation rather than return from an injury.  He did that by taking over a 2-4 team, going 7-3 and to the playoffs and beating Tom Brady in Foxboro on the way to the AFC CG.

17 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

SUN   SEP 11th     1 PM  Cleveland Browns at Carolina Panthers   Bank of America Stadium – Charlotte, NC

giphy-downsized-large.gif

If you watch that doucher thinking it’s gonna be good, you’re a special kind of doucher, and not the one that incessantly posts gifs and irrationally hates on TCU. 

4 hours ago, n64ra said:

I can't fathom being so bad that a team would pick Watson with his legal situation AND pay $10M for you to leave.

Meh. Baker already wanted out. The writing on the wall was he would not be in Cleveland to start the season. They have hitched their wagons to Watson so they don't need Baker for a fill in season.

This situation looks way worse for Cleveland than Baker. They drafted him #1 overall. He is getting paid regardless. They then got next to nothing in return for him. Also, he's their best qB they have had in the last 3-4 decades who was the qB for their lone playoff win in a very long time. If Baker is your best QB in that amount of time, you are a sad excuse of a franchise. Cleveland makes Jerry Jones look like a genius.