45 indicated

Cairn Horn88

Just now, Beau Vine said:

I kinda agree, but I'm holding out hope that it's because he dies before trial.

Perhaps but @TwiceHorn has been telling us for weeks and months that the NY stuff probably doesn’t have as much heft behind it as the shit in Georgia. Even if he gets off here (phrasing), he’s still got some serious legal issues to deal with. (Of course that’s all mute if he’s become POTUS again before those trials get started/resolve.)

3 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Sounds like you didn’t read the statement of facts. https://thehill.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2023/04/Donald-J.-Trump-SOF.pdf

That reads worse than the indictments themselves. He "the Defendant orchestrated a scheme with others to influence the 2016 presidential election by identifying and purchasing negative information about him to suppress its publication and benefit the Defendant’s electoral prospects"?

Well duh... what candidate running for office doesn't try and squash any negative information? Are you telling me he's the first to do it with money? I have to believe it is done all the time.  The statement of facts also makes it seem like Trump is doing all this personally - cutting the check, logging the expense, arranging the meetings when we know he'd never do any of that as it is work.

1 minute ago, C-Man said:

Perhaps but @TwiceHorn has been telling us for weeks and months that the NY stuff probably doesn’t have as much heft behind it as the shit in Georgia. Even if he gets off here (phrasing), he’s still got some serious legal issues to deal with. (Of course that’s all mute if he’s become POTUS again before those trials get started/resolve.)

Not a lawyer but obstruction in the documents case seems like the slammiest of dunks. He's pretty much already admitted to everything. 

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

That reads worse than the indictments themselves. He "the Defendant orchestrated a scheme with others to influence the 2016 presidential election by identifying and purchasing negative information about him to suppress its publication and benefit the Defendant’s electoral prospects"?

Well duh... what candidate running for office doesn't try and squash any negative information? Are you telling me he's the first to do it with money? I have to believe it is done all the time.  The statement of facts also makes it seem like Trump is doing all this personally - cutting the check, logging the expense, arranging the meetings when we know he'd never do any of that as it is work.

The thing about it is, from what we now know about his supporters' unflappability, he could have not paid her off, the information would have come out, he'd still have been elected, his marriage would be as intact as it ever has been, and he'd still have found other ways to keep the grift going.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Well duh... what candidate running for office doesn't try and squash any negative information? Are you telling me he's the first to do it with money?

You can do it but if you spend money you have to report it. And if someone spends the money for you it cannot be for greater than the campaign donation limits. And they have to report it. And you can’t reimburse them for it and call it legal fees. But other than all that absolutely business as usual 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 1

Is this going to play out like his twice being impeached?

Meaning, he is indicted and there is a record of holding him accountable and a paper trail and will be forever associated with his name and life, but there will be no practical consequence (outside of potentially a positive one with respect to fundraising, which I read was a record $7mm in three days following this news, and a rehab of his political brand)?

I was hoping we were done with Trump; I sincerely hope this doesn't resurrect him for 2024.

• Fuck You 12

I’m always amazed at how incompetent Trump is and everyone in his orbit. He, his attorney/fixer and CFO are knowingly crafting a criminal scheme and decide to reimburse Cohen for legal services under a retainer agreement. After crafting this scheme, they don’t think it’s important to enter into an actual retainer agreement. What a bunch of fucking morons!

At least prepare the paper trail to document your lies. 

This is the worst fucking timeline.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Thank god the trolls arrived to tell us what stage of denial we’re in: “Whatever he’s accused of he didn’t do, but even if he did, it isn’t all that bad”. I mean who hasn’t covered up hush money payments with falsified business records in order to win a Presidential election? 

Pre-2016, where would that rank, just by itself, on the list of biggest presidential scandals? Now it's said out loud and everyone is like "Yeah that sounds like Trump alright. What else ya got??". 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Show your work.  Who wasn't going to already vote for him that will now?  

It felt like after the mid-terms everyone recognized that Trump and the Trump brand associated with any Republicans was a drag and cost votes. It seemed like Trump became a toxic name after primaries and the "red wave" pundits predicted never materialized.

I read this from NYT today which was a bit shocking as someone who hasn't followed politics too much, about how Trump has rebounded his "brand" among R's. Especially that he raised $7mm (aforementioned):

Trump’s standing in the Republican Party seems to be improving. A few months ago, the former president was considered a drag on the party after its lackluster performance in the midterms. But the indictment has forced Republicans to weigh in on Trump’s case — and most are publicly siding with him. Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida, his biggest competitor for the Republican presidential nomination in 2024, and Jeb Bush, a rival he beat in 2016, have called the Manhattan investigation a political sideshow and “un-American.”

The latest polls show Trump expanding his lead for the Republican primaries. He is still well ahead of the field in New Hampshire, which votes early.

• Fuck You 11

41 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Fs5T30WWwAUzQAJ?format=jpg&name=small

Someone really should have told him that "There's a tweet for everything."

That’s basically a retweet. National File posted the photo and Trump posted a link to it. You can see the link above the photo. It’s still really shitty and should be taken as a threat. But he gets to claim correctly that he didn’t create the image. 

10 minutes ago, hornmpa96 said:

I’m always amazed at how incompetent Trump is and everyone in his orbit. He, his attorney/fixer and CFO are knowingly crafting a criminal scheme and decide to reimburse Cohen for legal services under a retainer agreement. After crafting this scheme, they don’t think it’s important to enter into an actual retainer agreement. What a bunch of fucking morons!

At least prepare the paper trail to document your lies. 
This is the worst fucking timeline.

Yeah, it did not need to be as complex as they made it out to be.  Real billionaires with a little bit of common sense could have probably taken care of this with no issues.

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

I’m calling it now, he’s getting off on all charges 

Trump getting off was what started this mess. 

Edit: should have read to the end of the thread before posting. 

Edited by Horndog
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Well, anyone with a brain expected this to happen to trump though.  

I’ve been wondering for more than 2 years what was taking so long. Bragg said in his Q&A session that new shit had come to light but he didn’t say specifically what that new shit was. 

3 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

I read this from NYT today which was a bit shocking as someone who hasn't followed politics too much, about how Trump has rebounded his "brand" among R's. Especially that he raised $7mm (aforementioned):

*eyeroll so hard they fall out of my head*

3 minutes ago, HamsterHookah said:

Trump’s standing in the Republican Party seems to be improving. A few months ago, the former president was considered a drag on the party after its lackluster performance in the midterms. But the indictment has forced Republicans to weigh in on Trump’s case — and most are publicly siding with him. Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida, his biggest competitor for the Republican presidential nomination in 2024, and Jeb Bush, a rival he beat in 2016, have called the Manhattan investigation a political sideshow and “un-American.”

The latest polls show Trump expanding his lead for the Republican primaries. He is still well ahead of the field in New Hampshire, which votes early.

He is solidifying the lead that he always has had and was always going to have.  Although it is funny that we've progressed from "Democrats made us vote for Trump in the general" to "Democrats made us vote for Trump in the primary." 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chuckie Finster said:

*eyeroll so hard they fall out of my head*

He is solidifying the lead that he always has had and was always going to have.  Although it is funny that we've progressed from "Democrats made us vote for Trump in the general" to "Democrats made us vote for Trump in the primary." 

I agree with you it's weird and bad. I am glad Trump got indicted.

Do you think he will be convicted?

• Fuck You 3

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’ve been wondering for more than 2 years what was taking so long. Bragg said in his Q&A session that new shit had come to light but he didn’t say specifically what that new shit was. 

Maybe all the receipts from the Trump Org/Weisselberg case

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Yeah, it did not need to be as complex as they made it out to be.  Real billionaires with a little bit of common sense could have probably taken care of this with no issues.

And on top of it, the CFO took notes on a Criminal Fucking Conspiracy. Trump needed Stringer Bell to supervise these fools.

16 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That’s basically a retweet. National File posted the photo and Trump posted a link to it. You can see the link above the photo. It’s still really shitty and should be taken as a threat. But he gets to claim correctly that he didn’t create the image. 

Outstanding detective work, Columbo.  Nobody actually thinks he drove Photoshop.

For a buncha people who pride themselves, and Donald Trump, on playing chess and not checkers...you really can't see the long game here, can you?  I stated weeks ago, this isn't the thing.  This is the thing that gets us to the thing?  You morons will be screaming "double jeopardy" by Summer Break.  But you'll be wrong.  The only possible out he has is crying collusion between multiple prosecutors.  But that was kept as quiet as the collusion between 10,000 election officials in 2020.  This is the most masterful stroke of judicial action since the Nuremberg Trials.  

If it makes you feel any better, he'll never see the inside of a jail cell.  Ever.  But people he loves will.  He'll never take his own life.  But people he loves will.  The man is going to die much sooner than you thought and you're gonna open up your mouth and suck the cum out of his dead, flaccid cock you fucking soft men of nothing.  

• blacklab changed the title to 45 indicated