Week 9, 2023: Kansas State @ Texas

Wulaw Horn

Our defensive game plan will be huge. I’ve been frustrated with our secondary for several weeks. We can’t let them drive between the 20s. BYU was too impotent in the RZ and their QB was too slow to make us pay. That’s far from the case with KSU. If we let them light us up through the air while their mobile QB runs like DG did on us, we'll be in trouble.

19 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

game of the year for our horns.  win and everything is still in front of them.  lose and no cfp, likely no conference championship, and a possibility that the wheels may fall off for the remainder of the season.  

i expect an intense slugfest.  hope we can come out on top.

I figure there have been 2 games that tested where we are as a program. So far we are 1-1. This is the ultimate test, and you get the bonus of being at home. If you are serious about winning/competing for the conference, you need to win. Even with MM as the QB. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Our defensive game plan will be huge. I’ve been frustrated with our secondary for several weeks. We can’t let them drive between the 20s. BYU was too impotent in the RZ and their QB was too slow to make us pay. That’s far from the case with KSU. If we let them light us up through the air while their mobile QB runs like DG did on us, we'll be in trouble.

Hearing a Texas DB say that PK’s defensive strategy is to allow crossing routes in front of them may be the single most enraging thing I’ve heard all season. It’s just ridiculous. 

• Hook 'Em 2

This is going to be a tough game.  I listened to some Siriux XM this morning and discussion was can Texas beat KSU with MM at QB.  That is going to be the narrative all week for sure.   I do like that everyone in the country will talk about Texas being on "upset alert" all week.  I feel like we tend to play better under those circumstances.  

Do we have any kind of post game injury report for the D?

5 minutes ago, Skipper said:

This is going to be a tough game.  I listened to some Siriux XM this morning and discussion was can Texas beat KSU with MM at QB.  That is going to be the narrative all week for sure.   I do like that everyone in the country will talk about Texas being on "upset alert" all week.  I feel like we tend to play better under those circumstances.  

Do we have any kind of post game injury report for the D?

I hope the keep that chatter up and then Ewers ends up being able to play.  

• Like 1

Just now, Nueces River Rat said:

I hope the keep that chatter up and then Ewers ends up being able to play.  

Surprised to see him with no sling.   He looked very skinny in street clothes.

Hoping Catalon is back.  We'll need some guys who can come up in run support and knock the shit out of their running QB's

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, ClubWhatever said:

I feel better about this game than TCU  or Iowa State.  

Yup.

I think everyone is sleeping on @ISU. That will be tough.

Crazily enough, I think we can get KSU at home. It won’t be easy, but at Iowa State worries me way more.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nueces River Rat said:

60% this douche and his crew get their marching orders to screw us from the Rig 12 office.   Signed by the Asst Commish who has K State connections himself.  

IMG_0844.jpeg

We haven't had his crew for a conference game yet.  Figure its got to be coming at some point.

• Hook 'Em 1

game of the year for our horns.  win and everything is still in front of them.  lose and no cfp, likely no conference championship, and a possibility that the wheels may fall off for the remainder of the season.  
i expect an intense slugfest.  hope we can come out on top.

OU was the game of the year. This and every game after it, if Texas wins, have the stakes that they do because Texas fumbled the bag in Dallas and is now without any margin for error.
brett mcmurphy posted that texas opened as a 7 point favorite for what it's worth.

-5 was the number I saw. I figured it would be better 3 and 7. I think it’s too generous given the QB situation. Feels like more has to go right for Texas than for KSU.

Sark and PK are going to have to coach really well this week. I’m skeptical but prepared to give credit if Texas comes out and gets a nice win.
  • Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Welp, here we go, the team to me that epitomizes all that was ever right (and wrong) about the big 12 as a conference. 
The Kansas Stare Wildcats. They play out in the middle of nowhere. Nobody, nationally, has ever given a shit about them, and nobody ever will. Their mascot looks so second rate that most high schools in Texas would be embarrassed to trot it out. Because of their status as a basically grown up junior college in the sticks, Bill Synder made hay recruiting actual functionally illiterate mercenaries doing hard time in the plains, and brought them to Kansas State to terrorize campus, the entire concept of higher education, and opposing schools. 
They have had runs of high quality where they were national contenders. They have hired really good coaches a couple times that made them a tough out. Somehow, Ron Prince ran their program into the dirt and they still beat us a couple times. For a while they were our only conference mate to have an all time winning record against us which was galling, but now that we’ve beaten them 6 times in a row we probably own the overall series record, though I can’t be bothered enough to go and look it up. 
I will, like 98% of college football fans, never spend another second thinking about KState or watching anything associated with them after we separate from their glorified JUCO ass, but congrats to them on becoming almost relevant a couple different times nationally during the Big 12 era, I guess. 
Now take the loss to make 7 in a row and fuck right off 

Also- RIP fatty fat fat. Hope you are enjoying that great juco in the sky man. 

Fuck Snyder, cost KState a chance at a national title by turtling vs aggy and giving them a Big 12 title.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Fox is hedging in case there's a game 7 in the world series. They would rather have us at 11 than 7 on FS1. 

Fox had first pick and always puts their top game at 11AM every week.  It's their "primetime" spot due to low competition in that window.  It's why I'm happy to get away from the Fox contract.

• Hook 'Em 2

32 minutes ago, ousux said:
55 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:
We haven't had his crew for a conference game yet.  Figure its got to be coming at some point.

Yormark is saving him for late season. Pull the rug out from under us just as we're about to lock up a spot in the CCG.

the marching orders are to save it for Tech.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Is there any chance Quinn is good enough to play? 

I mean sure, bc none of us know how bad he’s hurt. He’s allegedly week to week but he was in street clothes yesterday. 

42 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

EMBRACE THE HATE

Jesus Christ. Fuck this stupid conference 

• Hook 'Em 3