Where did all the Axe throwing bars come from?

Royalfan5

It’s like all the damned Frozen Yogurt place a few years back. I get that the axes and the plywood lanes aren’t terribly expensive, but you can’t be selling as much booze as a normal bar, and insurance has to be outrageous on a place like that. Getting return business has to a challenge too, unless there is some sort of untapped demand for league Axe action that I’m unaware of. 

On 5/26/2019 at 10:13 PM, Tailgate said:

She was asking for this.  Where the fuck was she throwing it, at the ground? 

Every time I see it done, you need to do it with 2 hands to get enough power to embed it into the target wood.  Pussy all one handed throws ain't going to do it - Aroldis Chapman they are not. 

One would think with the 2012 Shaggy  tomahawk buying spree that everyone would have a throwing range in their backyard.    If you don't have one,  find yourself a tree company that's taking down some pine trees.  24" OD, 6" thick pine cookies make great throwing targets.

Throwing-cookies.jpg

Also, I remember going to Wrigley 5 years ago or so and going to a bar in Wrigleyville called "Sluggers".  My buddy comes back from what I thought was the pisser and says, "you won't believe what they have upstairs!"  I said "Strippers?"  He said, "Better."  I said "Better than strippers?  No way!"  So we go upstairs and they have 3 or 4 batting cages with mechanical pitching machines throwing heat.  In a bar.  With lots of drunks.  I was in heaven, but also flummoxed, as we would more likely have midget tossing than this in CA for liability reasons.  Amazing.

19 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

Also, I remember going to Wrigley 5 years ago or so and going to a bar in Wrigleyville called "Sluggers".  My buddy comes back from what I thought was the pisser and says, "you won't believe what they have upstairs!"  I said "Strippers?"  He said, "Better."  I said "Better than strippers?  No way!"  So we go upstairs and they have 3 or 4 batting cages with mechanical pitching machines throwing heat.  In a bar.  With lots of drunks.  I was in heaven, but also flummoxed, as we would more likely have midget tossing than this in CA for liability reasons.  Amazing.

This is now open at Dell Diamond.

She was asking for this.  Where the fuck was she throwing it, at the ground? 
Every time I see it done, you need to do it with 2 hands to get enough power to embed it into the target wood.  Pussy all one handed throws ain't going to do it - Aroldis Chapman they are not. 

Depends on the axe I guess. I’ve stuck many a tomahawk throw into a wood target one-handed. Never tried it two-handed.

They opened one of these in Nacogdoches and I never see anyone in there when we drive by it. 

We did a corporate event at one in Denver and it was a big hit with everyone that attended.  It was much safer/better setup than the pictures in this thread.  They used 10-12" thick tree stumps nailed to the wall for targets and had thick wood shavings on the ground to prevent the axes from bouncing off the floor.  You could only throw over the head/shoulder and if you tried anything different you were immediately kicked out of the building.

I don't see how they will have any kind of staying power though.