Did Mitch just have (another) stroke?

Gil Bang

Key points

Transient ischemic attack and minor stroke are highly predictive of a subsequent disabling stroke within hours or days of the first event.

The risk of subsequent stroke after a transient ischemic attack is between 2% and 17% within the first 90 days after the initial event.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3134717/

Unfortunately he has that sweet socialized health care plan so he will probably live for another 50yrs without any issues. 

I'm guessing petit mal seizure. My mother had one toward the end. She just froze. When she snapped out of it, she couldn't figure out how I'd so suddenly appeared at her knee.

An absence seizure causes you to blank out or stare into space for a few seconds. They can also be called petit mal seizures. Absence seizures are most common in children and typically don’t cause any long-term problems. These types of seizures are often set off by a period of hyperventilation.

Yeah, it's like taking out one of the good Russian generals.  He's an evil fuck, but highly competent.  There is no Republican Senator that is qualified to replace him.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

He's been effective as shit for the Republicans, the seat may not flip, but getting him specifically off of the board will hurt them.

Also his GOP replacement would be appointed by Beshear, who could at least find a RINO or something. Or a moderate Dem who switched parties recently 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

7 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Yeah, it's like taking out one of the good Russian generals.  He's an evil fuck, but highly competent.  There is no Republican Senator that is qualified to replace him.

This is true.  Now imagine Rick Scott, Ted Cruz, or Tommy Tuberville trying to keep these idiots in order.,  McConnell is a fucking evil mastermind, they have dipshits waiting in the wings, I'm hoping this is the end for him because the Senate will become as big a Republican shit show as the House, which only helps us.  

• Hook 'Em 3

If his health does continue to decline, I could see him stepping aside in 2025 for new leadership.  Obvious choices would be somebody already in Senate leadership like Barrasso or Daines.  I know it's like looking for clown on the least amount of meth at the gang rape, but there are a few less-MAGA Senators still left in that party.  Whether or not they'd get the nod for leadership in a post-Trump landscape so soon would be a tough sell.  

Still, who among us wouldn't literally pass out laughing when McConnell announces, "And on that note, for my health and family and the good of the party and the country, I will maintain my seat but step aside from leadership.  And taking over will be the distinguished Senator from Texas, please join me in congratulating" and as he's saying that, Ted stands up, smiles and waves, and begins to button his jacket as he walks up to the podium.  Mitch, "Sit the fuck down Ted, everybody fucking hates you, you were literally the first name we crossed off and that includes Grassley who died last month.  Good lord man, have some respect for yourself.  John, you wanna come up here please?"  

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

26 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

He's been effective as shit for the Republicans, the seat may not flip, but getting him specifically off of the board will hurt them.

Maybe there's that, but I don't think it's very hard to ratfuck things and most of the ideas come from shadowy lobbyists and consultants anyway.

2 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Little known fact, turtles don't "hibernate".  They bury themselves in filthy mud during cold times, and then re-emerge when it warms up.

Also little known fact, most reptile bones don't smell like much of anything, but turtle bones smell awful. They are greasy and stink up the hallway out side the room someone is looking at them in. Kind of like McConnell's shart. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

4 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

Maybe there's that, but I don't think it's very hard to ratfuck things and most of the ideas come from shadowy lobbyists and consultants anyway.

Knowing the Senate rules backwards and forwards and what levers to push and pull to get bills passed is a skill that is only acquired by smart people with a lot of experience.  It's not an easy thing to be good at and few have mastered it.

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, YGIFS said:

If his health does continue to decline, I could see him stepping aside in 2025 for new leadership.  Obvious choices would be somebody already in Senate leadership like Barrasso or Daines.  I know it's like looking for clown on the least amount of meth at the gang rape, but there are a few less-MAGA Senators still left in that party.  Whether or not they'd get the nod for leadership in a post-Trump landscape so soon would be a tough sell.  

Still, who among us wouldn't literally pass out laughing when McConnell announces, "And on that note, for my health and family and the good of the party and the country, I will maintain my seat but step aside from leadership.  And taking over will be the distinguished Senator from Texas, please join me in congratulating" and as he's saying that, Ted stands up, smiles and waves, and begins to button his jacket as he walks up to the podium.  Mitch, "Sit the fuck down Ted, everybody fucking hates you, you were literally the first name we crossed off and that includes Grassley who died last month.  Good lord man, have some respect for yourself.  John, you wanna come up here please?"  

You think he makes it to 2025? He look like he might not make it to Friday. 

• Drool 1

1 hour ago, Pods said:

Losing Mitch would be a huge loss for them. He's been a master at wrangling the insanity, using it as a screen and producing results that are horrid for the country. No other Republican senator could have come close to ruining everything McConnell has ruined. 

Yep, he's made an art out of fucking over people he doesn't like, which is more than half of America, and he's made it look extremely easy.  Cruz, etc. couldn't do it.

1 hour ago, Pods said:

The only thing I feel bad about here is that McConnell has access to world class healthcare after spending decades making sure other Americans don't have access to any medical care. 

This.

1 hour ago, Pods said:

Also little known fact, most reptile bones don't smell like much of anything, but turtle bones smell awful. They are greasy and stink up the hallway out side the room someone is looking at them in. Kind of like McConnell's shart. 

So microwaving turtle bones would be a quitting-the-job power move.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

He's a vile pos but he knows how to politic...  Unfortunately. 

Anybody have a recommendation for the best turtle soup in Dallas?  Just making preparations and don’t want to have to scramble at the last minute.

If he’s on the way out, might be worth splurging on a trip to NOLA to get a bowl at Arnaud’s.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, kevwun said:

Knowing the Senate rules backwards and forwards and what levers to push and pull to get bills passed is a skill that is only acquired by smart people with a lot of experience.  It's not an easy thing to be good at and few have mastered it.

Sneaky fuckers like Robert Byrd knew parliamentary rules more arcane than anyone could learn quickly.  You can truly screw with those unfamiliar with those rules. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Kentucky is constantly no. 2 on the list of federal dollars received to taxes paid (behind Virginia). He's been highly effective for that state

4 hours ago, Radical Larry said:

Either that, or he trusted a fart. Maybe both.

I can't stop laughing at this comment because he definitely had the look.

Seriously though, I once had that same look pumping gas when the stomach flu just made itself known to me. Everything is business as usual and then suddenly you freeze and think "did that just happen?"

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, naija said:

Too many American leadership positions are occupied by people who are definitely past their prime. It's one of the stranger things everyone has come to accept as normal

Meanwhile the Nordic/Baltic countries are electing young, attractive women..

While those of us in this thread are wiling to call him out, here's one way things are different between Democratic and Republican legislators.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, royiv said:

That doesn't look great. While I can't stand the man and everything he represents, I hope we didn't just watch him have a stroke.

I can understand disagreeing with him politically, but how do you not like the guy? He's perfect for that job and he does it well.

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Pods said:

Wait, why is someone looking at turtle bones in the next room?

14 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

Sneaky fuckers like Robert Byrd knew parliamentary rules more arcane than anyone could learn quickly.  You can truly screw with those unfamiliar with those rules. 

Richard Russell is burning in hell because of what he did with the rules

38 minutes ago, naija said:

Too many American leadership positions are occupied by people who are definitely past their prime. It's one of the stranger things everyone has come to accept as normal

Tom Brady and Peyton Manning both won Super Bowls when they were past their prime. 

3 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Key points

Transient ischemic attack and minor stroke are highly predictive of a subsequent disabling stroke within hours or days of the first event.

The risk of subsequent stroke after a transient ischemic attack is between 2% and 17% within the first 90 days after the initial event.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3134717/

Unfortunately he has that sweet socialized health care plan so he will probably live for another 50yrs without any issues. 

3 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I'm guessing petit mal seizure. My mother had one toward the end. She just froze. When she snapped out of it, she couldn't figure out how I'd so suddenly appeared at her knee.

Don't give me hope

• Haha 1

• Gil Bang changed the title to Did Mitch just have (another) stroke?