Speaking of being offended: cmt pulls Jason aldean video

closetohumping

This type of music sucks and makes my ears bleed.

Other than a small handful of country artists (Sturgill and some Texas country guys), I am not sure I have added a country song to my library that was made after 2000.  And the best stuff is from the 70s.

And I really like country music.  But it is Haggard, Jones, Don Williams, Gary Stewart, Willie, Waylon, Strait, Alan Jackson, Gosdin, Cash, etc.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

I think think one of the reasons that racist people are so easily ostracized from polite society is that there is a readily identified term for them.  If someone is a racist then everyone knows that they are a dumbass that can’t operate in a society with other humans.  I think one of the reasons that people continue to make fun of the intellectually impaired is that there is not a readily available term that identifies them as a dumbass that can’t operate in a society with other people.  We need to come up with such a term so they can be just as easily ostracized from polite society.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I think one of the reasons that people continue to make fun on the intellectually impaired is that there is not a readily available term that identifies them as a dumbass that can’t operate in a society with other people.  We need to come up with such a term.

aggy?

• Hook 'Em 6

55 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I think think one of the reasons that racist people are so easily ostracized from polite society is that there is a readily identified term for them.  If someone is a racist then everyone knows that they are a dumbass that can’t operate in a society with other humans.  I think one of the reasons that people continue to make fun of the intellectually impaired is that there is not a readily available term that identifies them as a dumbass that can’t operate in a society with other people.  We need to come up with such a term so they can be just as easily ostracized from polite society.

I edited the other post as well as removed the offensive pic. Please accept my apology 

Edited by Sawbonz
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Wtf?

When the hell did this happen?

Zep accidentally negged one of my posts and Prong called it “b on b violence”. Didn’t take much imagination to know what he meant. I would’ve respected him way more if he actually said it instead of being a pussy about it. 

Edited by Helobious
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Zep accidentally negged one of my posts and Prong called it “b on b violence”. Didn’t take much imagination to know what he meant. I would’ve respected him way more if he actually said it instead of being a pussy about it. 

I just realized what he meant by that. At the time, I thought he somehow mistakingly took y’all as black.  Yeah he was on a tear on that thread iirc. 

On 7/23/2023 at 2:37 AM, PRONG HORN said:

This reminds me of a time Imma messaged me about this very thing.  It was at least a few years back and Maybe even on Shaggy.  He said regarding unconscious bias that I really shouldn't expect all posters to be capable of engaging someone on the topic.  Actually I'm not sure it was imma or black lab or even some random poster, but their point was basically that raising such topics might be a waste of time because people didn't like it, or they weren't ready for it, or didn't want to hear it.  

Maybe it was your girlfriend from Canada?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Helobious said:

That wasn't the first time he'd been given a timeout for saying shitty, racist stuff either. I think previously it'd been targeted toward African Americans. He has always tiptoed the line though, and I guess gets too comfortable sometimes and crosses it.

On 7/21/2023 at 3:17 PM, Bozo_Casanova said:

This - look, DAC was and is a real-deal outlaw biker and titanic asshole, but he's also an eccentric genious who in his day challenged hypocrisy and social taboos in ways that were transgressive in the 70's and COMPLETELY out of bounds today. But he always punched up, not down. Comparing him to a doughy poseur like Jason Aldean is just stupid. 
For example when Anita Bryant was making herself famous and rich crusading against gays at a time when they were already pretty much despised and shunned from society, DAC wrote this song, involving his own experiences with gays, in prison and beyond.

I like DAC. The most surprising thing about him, which in hindsight shouldn't have been surprising, was that he was gay in prison.

3 hours ago, Helobious said:

Bro on bro?????

On 7/22/2023 at 1:31 AM, Willfully Horn said:

Lol.

Every day Isbell writes culture is created, money comes from nowhere. You are a Lincoln log, zero sum nobody. But he’s a bitch. Sure. To dumbasses.

Have fun, stay clear of the needle, call home on your sister's birthday”

Isbell comes across as a mouthy bitch. I cannot stand Aldean and love Isbell. Plenty of good artists don’t write their own music. Also, the courthouse criticism of Aldean is beyond ridiculous. But so are the lyrics and video he’s showing, which are clearly incendiary and he knew it at the time. The entire song, video and subsequent discussion are noise perpetrated by people with far too much time on their hands. But it was started by that ear ringed fake cowboy. 

Isbell would have been far better off never giving this idiot any attention. 

22 hours ago, bolverk said:

That wasn't the first time he'd been given a timeout for saying shitty, racist stuff either. I think previously it'd been targeted toward African Americans. He has always tiptoed the line though, and I guess gets too comfortable sometimes and crosses it.

Isn’t he married to Lauren/mini-baller/ that Rhodesian cunt?

6 minutes ago, elguapo said:

Jagged Little Pill GIF by Alanis Morissette

Forgive me el guapo, I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else and are looking to take it out on me?

9 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Isn’t he married to Lauren/mini-baller/ that Rhodesian cunt?

Not sure. Under different aliases, he's claimed to be some sort of healthcare professional, living in San Antonio and with ties to someone in Uvalde (or knew a CBP guy that responded to the shooting). He may also have some land or a lease somewhere in South Texas because of photos he once showed. That's the extent of my knowledge.

I want to say mini-baller was married to an oil guy from West Texas (Midland?), but I don't know where she claimed to live. I wasn't aware of her first name, but I do also recall someone, somewhere saying she was actually a small Asian guy. That last part may have just been a joke though. No idea.

2 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Not sure. Under different aliases, he's claimed to be some sort of healthcare professional, living in San Antonio and with ties to someone in Uvalde (or knew a CBP guy that responded to the shooting). He may also have some land or a lease somewhere in South Texas because of photos he once showed. That's the extent of my knowledge.

I want to say mini-baller was married to an oil guy from West Texas (Midland?), but I don't know where she claimed to live. I wasn't aware of her first name, but I do also recall someone, somewhere saying she was actually a small Asian guy. That last part may have just been a joke though. No idea.

I recall the Asian man thing too but never understood that. Mini and then “spit that blood” and before Lauren1996 were apparently the same person. Lauren was apparently married to Pronghorn from yesteryear. She was the idiot that’d always say “ha ha sportsfans”. It was clear she either went to TCU, her husband did or they lived in FW with her last name. 

3 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

I recall the Asian man thing too but never understood that. Mini and then “spit that blood” and before Lauren1996 were apparently the same person. Lauren was apparently married to Pronghorn from yesteryear. She was the idiot that’d always say “ha ha sportsfans”. It was clear she either went to TCU, her husband did or they lived in FW with her last name. 

I totally fucked that up. I had GRHorn and his various handles in mind when I was talking about the SA guy. Pronghorn? I don't know shit other than his latent racism.

2 hours ago, Porterhouse said:

The Asian man thing was a joke. Some poster, I want to say it was @52-80, but maybe that's wrong Introduced himself to another poster at the OTC conference or something like that as mini-baller. 

She was married to FrongHorn from Hornfans, who I think had a different handle on Shaggy for a bit... Maybe it was Prong Horn. I always thought at some point on TOS they shared a handle, because some time she sounded like a woman talking about kids and shopping, and other times she sounded like a drunk dude. (calling everyone bro, posting drunk, talking about dipping, carrying a gun, etc) 

• Hook 'Em 2