WTF is wrong with people? 16-yo kid outside Houston tries to "roll coal" on cyclists, runs them over instead; walks free

C-Man

28 minutes ago, midtown said:

Please please let one of these cyclist who is either a lawyer with lots of free time or just lots of money that decides to sue the sheriffs department for this bullshit.

I think this thread has taught me that every cyclist is a rich lawyer.

1 minute ago, BearSchlong said:

A close friend, actually the lawyer who introduced me IRL to @THUJONE back when my dad was wrongly diagnosed (thank God) with mesothelioma, was riding his gravel bike on a remote county road near Colmesneil recently when the welds on his fork failed (tl;dr - bike had been recalled as faulty) and he had a life flight/oh shit/call the surgeons situation.

The whole reason his group switched to gravel bikes and started riding on extreme rural roads was to avoid traffic, getting in his <7K annual miles without getting run over was becoming increasingly difficult.

Last week we were discussing Waller Co. and agreed that hostility towards cyclists is a microcosm of contemporary America.  Society has, on average, become more hateful.

I'd say that hate is directly proportional to the increase in the numbers of cyclists on the road.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'd say that hate is directly proportional to the increase in the numbers of cyclists on the road.

Not really.

Like I was saying, when I was a teenager and racing in the early 90s, we would get fucked with on the roads and there fewer cyclists then.

I think he has a good point. Society has become increasingly hostile and impatient. Look at the surge in road rage cases.
  • Hook 'Em 3

54 minutes ago, midtown said:

Please please let one of these cyclist who is either a lawyer with lots of free time or just lots of money that decides to sue the sheriffs department for this bullshit.

The cops can have pretext to pull over anyone on the road just about at any time.  I doubt a lawsuit would do much.  And what are the damages, even if you get past qualified immunity and find a violation?

Best way to handle would be with publicity and politically. 

Waller County should leave the cyclists alone.  I am there at least once a month on weekends.  The cyclists around there are not bothering anyone or even screwing up traffic.

28 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Not really.

Like I was saying, when I was a teenager and racing in the early 90s, we would get fucked with on the roads and there fewer cyclists then.

I think he has a good point. Society has become increasingly hostile and impatient. Look at the surge in road rage cases.

Well, yeah, I'm being overly sarcastic, as is expected on the Surly.  Yeah we're a meaner society today on many fronts. I try to counter that by being friendly, and polite to all I meet until they make me behave otherwise.

• Hook 'Em 1

Here is a photo of the Waller County Sheriff's Department after they stopped a group of cyclists for the "safety talk". No laws broken. No tickets issued. Just some curb stomping of the 4th amendment.

There is a video as well that is private with Mr Deputy talking about "I'm the LAWLS and you AINTS"

waller cyclist stopped.jpg

10 minutes ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

Here is a photo of the Waller County Sheriff's Department after they stopped a group of cyclists for the "safety talk". No laws broken. No tickets issued. Just some curb stomping of the 4th amendment.

There is a video as well that is private with Mr Deputy talking about "I'm the LAWLS and you AINTS"

This is clearly fake.  Bikers are too rich to have cameras/phones that take poor quality photos.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Well, yeah, I'm being overly sarcastic, as is expected on the Surly.  Yeah we're a meaner society today on many fronts. I try to counter that by being friendly, and polite to all I meet until they make me behave otherwise.

2 hours ago, DDD Dad said:

Edit: I'll just neg myself for being snarky. 

I'm a dick. It is easier to do that than to wait until someone shows their true colors. No one has time for that shit. Oh, and fuck all of you bastards.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, CHEF DIESEL said:

did he mean to stop the one group with a black biker?  maybe that was the problem.

7 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

A close friend, actually the lawyer who introduced me IRL to @THUJONE back when my dad was wrongly diagnosed (thank God) with mesothelioma, was riding his gravel bike on a remote county road near Colmesneil recently when the welds on his fork failed (tl;dr - bike had been recalled as faulty) and he had a life flight/oh shit/call the surgeons situation.

The whole reason his group switched to gravel bikes and started riding on extreme rural roads was to avoid traffic, getting in his >7K annual miles without getting run over was becoming increasingly difficult.

Last week we were discussing Waller Co. and agreed that hostility towards cyclists is a microcosm of contemporary America.  Society has, on average, become more hateful.  This isn't about cycling, it's about citizenship.

I've always despised cyclists. Its nothing new to me.

• Like 1

Pumping a bunch of diesel smoke into a fast food restaurant is pretty harmful. Not just for the people inhaling the exhaust but every surface in that place has to be scrubbed and disinfected and any food item in the place outside any sealed fridge/freezer discarded. The drink machine probably has sediment in every crevice of it now too.

Would also be fun for anyone with respiratory issues. I guess if I was 15 I would think it was funny. But unfortunately I am 45.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Covri said:

Pumping a bunch of diesel smoke into a fast food restaurant is pretty harmful. Not just for the people inhaling the exhaust but every surface in that place has to be scrubbed and disinfected and any food item in the place outside any sealed fridge/freezer discarded. The drink machine probably has sediment in every crevice of it now too.

So kind of like when Lubbock gets hit by a haboob, only with really, really nasty shit, instead of just nasty shit.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, immamac said:

How is this harmful?

Haha, I read the first post then skipped to the last page and read this.  I was like god damn, these motherfuckers do hate bikers.  

Also, wtf man?  You don’t need to be a pulmonologist to figure out the whataburger stunt is harmful.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Guess what won’t be happening.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Any vehicle that’s been modified to roll coal should be taken straight to the crusher and the owner billed and forced to take delivery of the cube. I have a hard time imagining any vehicle modification that is as equal parts stupid and obnoxious. 

It’s just a programming thing for most of them. They can switch it o or off while they’re driving.

13 minutes ago, Jkwellborn said:

It’s just a programming thing for most of them. They can switch it o or off while they’re driving.

Yeah, I know that, the computer just runs a richer mixture when the switch is flipped.  And I stand by my proposal. A punishment for being too criminally stupid and tiny-dicked to possess an automobile. 

• Hook 'Em 1

To summarize the latest, still no repercussions for the driver and the response from the sheriff has been to harass bike riders.

Wait for phase 3: the kid will be a featured speaker at CPAC and will win a Congressional seat. Because in America, being a flaming asshole is a badge of honor, not a character defect.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wait for phase 3: the kid will be a featured speaker at CPAC and will win a Congressional seat. Because in America, being a flaming asshole is a badge of honor, not a character defect.

Tucker Carlson next week: "So these liberal, elitist bikers were in public with black soot on their faces. I thought putting black face on was racist and wrong. If I put black make-up on my face, I'd be canceled by the woke leftist mob."

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 10/23/2021 at 1:45 AM, 956 Worldwide said:

Any vehicle that’s been modified to roll coal should be taken straight to the crusher with the driver in it and the owner billed and forced to take delivery of the cube. I have a hard time imagining any vehicle modification that is as equal parts stupid and obnoxious. 

Augmented it for you.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2