Did Mitch just have (another) stroke?

Gil Bang

17 minutes ago, F250 said:

Wait, why is someone looking at turtle bones in the next room?

The perils of paleontology. I've spent a lot of time in the collections rooms at museums. Sometimes uncomfortably close to where people were working on turtles.

I also took an osteology and evolution of turtles class at UT and spent a semester in the same room with turtle bones. 

Turtles are cool as shit, but if I never smell another one again, I'm okay with it. 

Edited by Pods
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Pods said:

The perils of paleontology. I've spent a lot of time in the collections rooms at museums. Sometimes uncomfortably close to where people were working on turtles.

I also took an osteology and evolution of turtles class at UT and spent a semester in the same room with turtle bones. 

Turtles are cool as shit, but if I never smell another one again, I'm okay with it. 

Those Red Eared Slider bastards gave salmonella to a generation of kids in the 60s-70s. 

1 hour ago, Bookman said:

I can understand disagreeing with him politically, but how do you not like the guy? He's perfect for that job and he does it well.

48 minutes ago, Gatorubet said:

He is a traitor.  So I’m weird like that. 

It doesn't matter what we hope for or root for. It has no impact. If this piece of shit spazzes out squirming on the floor and shitting himself then rolling in that, I couldn't give a rat's ass.

He is a horrible man who facilitates fascists. He's corrupt. He has no moral framework. He prevented the conviction of the worst man in America whose ouster from office still would have left him with a staunch, crazy, right-wing, religious fanatic president who knows how to play ball.

Omertà explains his actions.  He didn't turn on Trump because Trump became a made man in the 2016 election.

Moscow Mitch runs a dangerous criminal operation that has denied climate change to the peril of everybody and happily makes women chattel. He is nowhere speaking against the persecution of gay teachers, trans youths, and anyone not (purporting to be) a straight white man of Christian morals.

If he tumbled into a wood chipper, I'd watch the video without a twitch.

What happens happens.

46 minutes ago, Pods said:

They same the same thing about you, bucko.

ETA: 

Just saw a clip. His right eye drifted way off center during the episode

Such poetry in this observation.

God is a comedian playing to an audience afraid to laugh.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

18 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Just saw a clip. His right eye drifted way off center during the episode. 

Another fun fact... Lateral (towards the outside) movement of the eye is controlled by cranial nerve VI, the abducens nerve. Moving the eye laterally is the only thing that nerve does. All but one of the other eye muscles are controlled by cranial nerve III, the oculomotor nerve.

My speciality is anatomy, so I can't really address why McConnell is exhibiting this symptom. However, from the front shot posted above, it does look like McConnell has control of one of the nerves, but not the other. 

I know @ChiTownDoc works with people that have had strokes. Maybe he has experience with something similar. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Pods said:

Another fun fact... Lateral (towards the outside) movement of the eye is controlled by cranial nerve VI, the abducens nerve. Moving the eye laterally is the only thing that nerve does. All but one of the other eye muscles are controlled by cranial nerve III, the oculomotor nerve.

My speciality is anatomy, so I can't really address why McConnell is exhibiting this symptom. However, from the front shot posted above, it does look like McConnell has control of one of the nerves, but not the other. 

I know @ChiTownDoc works with people that have had strokes. Maybe he has experience with something similar. 

Just saw it on the news in passing.  If fully recovered now TIA (mini stroke) is the most likely explanation.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Pods said:

Have you ever skinned a raccoon, barehanded? Similar.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, horn4life said:

For some reason this made me think of Rush Limbaugh... 

Yeah, I was thinking about him too.  With this summer heat, his corpse isn't as cold as it normally would be.  OTOH, it's rotting faster and really smelly.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Key points

Transient ischemic attack and minor stroke are highly predictive of a subsequent disabling stroke within hours or days of the first event.

cf76594549c36a7810db5792ef1a076a64d3077a

The risk of subsequent stroke after a transient ischemic attack is between 2% and 17% within the first 90 days after the initial event.

giphy-5.gif

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

7 hours ago, cabowabo said:

Reminds me of our President.  It's a shame their wives/close family members don't push them to retire and go out with some grace and respect.  Best wishes for him and our President.     

hush your mouth. 2nd best oil and gas president ever 

11 hours ago, Captainant said:

Cameron is a sack shit too - he declined to prosecute Breonna Taylors killers. It's no wonder mitch loves him

So apparently KY changed the laws so McConnell's replacement has to be from the same party. Apparently the "executive committee" of the outgoing senator will submit 3 names to the Governor, and the Governor will choose one. I learned this by reading one short news article after 10 seconds of exhaustive googling. 

If true, this would at least prevent the KY AG from being the replacement unless Beshear legit likes the guy. 

39 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

So apparently KY changed the laws so McConnell's replacement has to be from the same party. Apparently the "executive committee" of the outgoing senator will submit 3 names to the Governor, and the Governor will choose one. I learned this by reading one short news article after 10 seconds of exhaustive googling. 

If true, this would at least prevent the KY AG from being the replacement unless Beshear legit likes the guy. 

Or the other two names are even worse....

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Anybody have a recommendation for the best turtle soup in Dallas?  Just making preparations and don’t want to have to scramble at the last minute.

Well there is Turtle Creek. You could start there.

27 minutes ago, Horn Dogg said:

This is a reminder why we need term limits.  This old crusty motherfucker has one foot in the grave and it not fit for duty.  

Not just term limits, but age limits. No reason we need capital hill crawling with geriatrics shitting themselves and longing for the halcyon days of the 60's. I dont give a fuck if there are some perfectly able bodied people in their 80's with a clear mind. Shit can change quickly at that age, but once they are in, its impossible to get them out, see Feinstein's 89 year old senile ass. We have 300 million + people in this country, I'm sure we can find enough people under the age of 65 to steer the ship. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• Gil Bang changed the title to Did Mitch just have (another) stroke?