Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi

The Ace of Aces

11 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't agree.  In the court of public opinion, UT would come out ahead.  Any repercussions would happen months if not years later, and nobody would care, or even remember.

I'm not advocating we fire him today, but I could certainly understand it if we did.

You think there's a substantial difference in the court of public opinion between firing him today, potentially putting the university at risk of a major lawsuit and/or having to pay his buyout vs. waiting a day or two and doing it correctly? Like years down the line, people are still gonna be looking back at us and tsk tsking that he was fired on a Thursday instead of Monday?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Exactly. You put him on administrative leave pending an internal investigation then have the assistant take over for the rest of the calendar year and see what happens with his case. 

This isn't a coach we want gone. This dude's a winner. It's not like Shaka choked a bitch after losing to ACU. Slow play everything and let it play out on the down low while whoever the number 1 assistant is (Terry or otherwise) takes over. If the shit is sufficiently bad enough where you should move on after the dust settles then you do it. If not then you reinstate him and back to business as usual. 

God I hope you don’t have children 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, MirrOlure said:

There's a world of difference between a contract employee and a tenured professor.  Not saying it's "right" just saying it is so.

Correct. Hell, Texas could say we're letting you go for blowing the Illinois game and Beard couldn't really do anything about it. Of course he'd be owed the remaining money on his contract -- unless he's violated any part of his contract to get fired for cause. Texas will suspend him while the investigation is done and will most likely fire him for cause in the next 24-48 hours and not owe him a dime beyond when the paid suspension turns into termination.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, SquishMitten said:

You think there's a substantial difference in the court of public opinion between firing him today, potentially putting the university at risk of a major lawsuit and/or having to pay his buyout vs. waiting a day or two and doing it correctly? Like years down the line, people are still gonna be looking back at us and tsk tsking that he was fired on a Thursday instead of Monday?

Probably not a substantial difference, but firing him in the next few days VS waiting a month or two would be viewed quite differently.

I'm not saying that should matter, just pointing it out in the context of risk/reward.  UT wants to be seen as a white knight, academics first kind of institution.  Times like this are when the rubber meets the road.

1 minute ago, MotownHorn said:

God I hope you don’t have children 

This has nothing to do with children. This is a billion dollar business with a multi million dollar employee. You don't make rash decisions and do dumb shit that can get you sued even if that employee is a terrible employee. You sure as shit wouldn't do it with an employee who is one of the top big dollar employees in your system. 

Stop thinking with your feelings. There's no room for that when this much money and the future of the program is at stake. You take everything into consideration and be deliberate in your actions. 

• Hook 'Em 1

OK..... He is toast. Even if she attacked him you don't fucking bite in anger. Soft nibbles here and there, sure. 

But damn Coach, you done fucked up. Hope you enjoy coaching in Russia. 

My ex attacked me. Got the scars to prove it. I walked away and went and slept in the hammock. To all the young men out there. Walk the fuck away. 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

This has nothing to do with children. This is a billion dollar business with a multi million dollar employee. You don't make rash decisions and do dumb shit that can get you sued even if that employee is a terrible employee. You sure as shit wouldn't do it with an employee who is one of the top big dollar employees in your system. 

Stop thinking with your feelings. There's no room for that when this much money and the future of the program is at stake. You take everything into consideration and be deliberate in your actions. 

Genuine question, can they get sued for firing him right now if they wanted? I read an excerpt from his contract that states they can cut ties in the event of a felony arrest. Well, that has happened. Didn't say anything about what happens with the charges after the fact. 

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

Fuck Off Barbara Dunkelman GIF by Rooster Teeth

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, JFKFC said:

"Chris Beard told police that he has audio recordings showing he was not the primary aggressor. He was asked if he would be willing to share those audio recordings to which he said no."

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield 

Which is exactly what he should be saying. Why give the cops the recordings without having Minton listen to them first? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Can’t fire him for a little while due to contact issues but he can go ahead and pack the office and all our recruits can go ahead and decommit and current players players fill their portal paperwork.

All the progress gone and a program likely set back a decade cause a dude can’t control his temper. 

Edited by The Ace of Aces

1 minute ago, InkaUtexas said:

OK..... He is toast. Even if she attacked him you don't fucking bite in anger. Soft nibbles here and there, sure. 

My ex attacked me. Got the scars to prove it. I walked away and went and slept in the hammock. To all the young men out there. Walk the fuck away. 

At what point during the attack did the soft nibbles occur?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, MotownHorn said:

He’s done yall

Yeesh. Have to imagine there's going to be plenty of visual evidence then. Bite marks are pretty easy to identify, and they don't fade very fast (at least not when my kids bit each other they didn't...always easy to determine who was the culprit.)

Although, with a few small changes in the wording and reading it in a sensual tone, it could be out of Fifty Shades of Gray. Maybe it's all just a big, sexy misunderstanding! 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

You can try, but BSC women often don't stop coming at you because you're trying to walk away.  DV is a different beast, and if he's been abused for what sounds like years, we need to give him the same ability to clear his name as much as a woman that has been beat.  The double standard here is insane.

I'm also not justifying what he did, but anyone that has been involved with DV will understand.  Men are abused far more often than people think.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

8 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Probably not a substantial difference, but firing him in the next few days VS waiting a month or two would be viewed quite differently.

I'm not saying that should matter, just pointing it out in the context of risk/reward.  UT wants to be seen as a white knight, academics first kind of institution.  Times like this are when the rubber meets the road.

Can't disagree with you there. And my original comment was all about risk/reward. I don't see how it could take more than a week for the school to have a pretty good grasp on what happened, much less several months. 

3 minutes ago, 3adays said:

Which is exactly what he should be saying. Why give the cops the recordings without having Minton listen to them first? 

True but him saying "he wasn't the primary aggressor" means he is done for here at Texas. He didn't deny doing those things, he's basically saying he did but under duress (maybe). That shit isn't going to fly. His only chance at all was the rapey boyfriend angle or she was flat out lying for whatever reason. A man doing those things to a woman no matter what unless he legit felt his life was in danger (seriously doubt it), no one will tolerate that. Unless it comes to light she had a gun to him or some dangerous weapon. Even then, would Texas want to deal with that circus?

5 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

Can’t fire him for a little while due to contact issues but he can go ahead and pack the office and all our recruits can go ahead and decommit and current players players fill their portal paperwork.

All the progress gone and a program likely set back a decade cause a dude can’t control his temper. 

I mean if you're going to do something stupid like worry about wins and losses right now, at least don't be stupid about it. We lost to Abilene Christian in the NCAA tournament less than 21 months ago. A decade is 5 lifetimes in college basketball these days.

• immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi
  • immamac changed the title to Huge Piece of Shit and alleged Woman Abuser Chris Beard has been hired at Mississippi